The Will to Learn. The Power to Succeed.
At William Paterson, we put your academic and personal success first. We provide a supportive and challenging environment that encourages you to push yourself, gain confidence, and graduate with the knowledge, global perspective, and critical thinking skills today’s employers are looking for.
Our commitment to academic excellence will prepare you to grow and thrive in your chosen career. We are known for our:
- Wide range of rigorous undergraduate and graduate programs, offered through our five colleges: Arts and Communication, Cotsakos College of Business, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Science and Health
- Small classes, taught by accessible, supportive faculty who are exceptionally qualified teachers, scholars, and researchers
- University Core Curriculum, providing undergraduates the flexibility to customize their academic experience by selecting from a broad range of courses in six areas of study
- State-of-the-art facilities including the Science Complex, Financial Learning Center, Russ Berrie Institute for Professional Sales, Nel Bolger RN Nursing Lab, GIS Laboratory, and HD-ready TV broadcast studios
- Extensive hands-on learning experiences through internships, research opportunities, and study abroad programs
- Comprehensive, student-centered academic support programs, services, and resources, including career counseling and advising