Prepare to advance your nursing practice as a primary care provider for adults throughout their lifespan in this CCNE-accredited online program. Learn More.
The Department of Nursing offers a post-master's certificate in adult gerontology. Students in the post-master's certificate program will complete the necessary theory and practicum course requirements in the track in order to be eligible to sit for the adult gerontology certification examination (American Association of Nurse Practitioners or American Nurses Credentialing Center). The master's degree program is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
August 1st: Fall semesterDecember 1st: Spring semester*Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space availability basis
Professor Kem Louie Program Director, Department of Nursing email@example.com 973-720-3215
• Online application/ application fee
• A BSN transcript with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required. Applicants with below a 3.0 GPA may contact the program director*
• Undergraduate prerequisite courses in statistics, health assessment, and nursing research**
• A current resume including two names of reference (former faculty and current manager/supervisor)
• One year of RN working experience
• Students enrolling in the WPU on campus program must have an active NJ RN license; students enrolling in the WPU online program must have a active RN license in the state they are practicing
*Students admitted based on program director review with a BSN GPA below 3.0 are required to take 2 graduate nursing courses and earn a B or better in order to continue in the program.
**Students with missing pre-requisite may be admitted with the condition that pre-requisite(s) must be completed within the first academic year before continuing in the MSN program.
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, New Jersey 07470