The Department of Nursing offers a post-master's certificate in adult gerontology. Students in the post-master's certificate program will complete the necessary theory and practicum course requirements in the track in order to be eligible to sit for the adult gerontology certification examination (American Association of Nurse Practitioners or American Nurses Credentialing Center). The master's degree program is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
August 1st: Fall semesterDecember 1st: Spring semester*Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space availability basis
Professor Cheryl HollemaProgram Director, Department of Nursing firstname.lastname@example.org 973-720-3482
• Online application/ application fee
• A BSN transcript with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required. Applicants with below a 3.0 GPA may contact the program director*
• Undergraduate prerequisite courses in statistics, health assessment, and nursing research**
• A current resume including two names of reference (former faculty and current manager/supervisor)
• Currently employed as an RN
• Students enrolling in the WPU on campus program must have an active NJ RN license; students enrolling in the WPU online program must have a active RN license in the state they are practicing in. For your application to be processed, the University must be able to validate your RN license. If your state does not have an online RN license validation process, you must submit a notarized copy of current RN license valid in the U.S. to Office of Admissions, William Paterson University, 300 Pompton Road, Wayne, NJ 07470
*Students with a GPA below 3.0 will be reviewed on an individual basis. If accepted into the program, the student will be matriculated with the condition that the student take 1-2 graduate course and earn a grade of a B or better in order to continue in the program.
**Admitted students who are missing pre-requisite with the condition that pre-requisite(s) must be completed with the first academic year before continuing in the MSN program.
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, New Jersey 07470