- Joseph Riccitelli '85 and the Tinker Foundation to be Honored at the 26th Annual Legacy Award Gala on April 21, 2016
- Distinguished Lecturer Series Presents Grammy Award-winning Singer and Activist Angélique Kidjo on February 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Alumnus Mike Ghassali '15 is Country's First Syrian-born Christian Mayor
- William Paterson Celebrates Black History Month “Year of the Activist” with Lectures, Music, Dance
- University’s New School of Continuing and Professional Education Reflects the Growing Number and Impact of Adult and Pre-College Programs
- Jazz Studies Director Bill Charlap Nominated for Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album with Tony Bennett
- State-of-the-Art Robot Helps Art Students Gain Valuable Career-oriented and Technical Skills
Classic Albums Live performs
Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon 02/12/16 08:00 PM
Education is Hope: Investing in the Future 02/19/16 07:30 PM
WP Jazz Room: Trumpeter Randy Brecker
with The WP Jazz Orchestra
David Demsey, Director 03/06/16 04:00 PM
WP Jazz Room: The Bill Charlap Trio
With Kenny Washington and David Wong 04/17/16 04:00 PM
The will to succeed. The power to create your own future.
The Will to Learn. The Power to Succeed.
At William Paterson, we put your academic and personal success first. We provide a supportive and challenging environment that encourages you to push yourself, gain confidence, and graduate with the knowledge, global perspective, and critical thinking skills today’s employers are looking for.
Our commitment to academic excellence will prepare you to grow and thrive in your chosen career. We are known for our:
- Wide range of rigorous undergraduate and graduate programs, offered through our five colleges: Arts and Communication, Cotsakos College of Business, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Science and Health
- Small classes, taught by accessible, supportive faculty who are exceptionally qualified teachers, scholars, and researchers
- University Core Curriculum, providing undergraduates the flexibility to customize their academic experience by selecting from a broad range of courses in six areas of study
- State-of-the-art facilities including the Science Complex, Financial Learning Center, Russ Berrie Institute for Professional Sales, Nel Bolger RN Nursing Lab, GIS Laboratory, and HD-ready TV broadcast studios
- Extensive hands-on learning experiences through internships, research opportunities, and study abroad programs
- Comprehensive, student-centered academic support programs, services, and resources, including career counseling and advising
- President's Day celebrated. University is closed; classes are not scheduled. 02/15/16 12:00 AM
- Monday class schedule 02/18/16 12:00 AM
- Last day for 50% refund for withdrawal from Spring semester* 02/24/16 12:00 AM
- Spring break. University is open; classes are not scheduled. 03/13/16 01:45 PM
Our greatest strength is helping you find yours.
Will. Power. Online Viewbook
How can William Paterson help you develop and strengthen the skills you need to succeed? Learn how to launch your future with Will. Power.
Unleash Your Potential
If you have the will to succeed, William Paterson University can help you move forward. We welcome undergraduate and graduate students who are motivated to achieve remarkable things. Whether you are just beginning to shape your path or building on your knowledge and experience to advance your career, we offer an environment that is academically challenging, supportive, and rich in opportunities.
Undergraduate Studies With a vast array of majors to choose from, your options are wide open. Each department is geared toward developing your knowledge, experience, and confidence as you explore new directions.
Graduate Studies You'll gain the skills and credentials you need to advance your career through a wide range of rigorous graduate programs that offer flexibility for working professionals.
Financial Aid We back our commitment to excellent, affordable education with a variety of student assistance and scholarship opportunities based on need, scholastic performance, and related achievements.
Campus Location Our beautiful 370-acre wooded campus in the suburban community of Wayne, NJ, is three miles from the historic Great Falls and just 20 miles from New York City with its wealth of career and cultural opportunities.
Vibrant, exciting, creative, supportive. It's all part of Pioneer Pride.
Feel the Pioneer Spirit
With nearly 2,600 undergraduates living on campus, you'll share an active college experience with students from every background and perspective. We have more than 115 clubs and organizations, 28 fraternities and sororities, and 13 NCAA Division III sports teams-so there's always something exciting going on. Our beautiful residence halls provide a safe and comfortable environment for studying and participating in activities, making it easy to stay connected to everything that's happening on campus. You'll build professional connections and lifelong friendships with your fellow Pioneers.
Discover What You Can Achieve
William Paterson is the choice of highly motivated students who come here to unleash their potential and pursue their dreams. As a mid-size university with nearly 11,500 students, we are large enough to offer extensive learning resources and impressive facilities, yet small enough to provide personalized attention and small classes that average just 19 students. With our highly recognized faculty and campus-wide support system, we help our students develop and strengthen the skills they need to achieve success.
Take a Virtual Tour
Wherever you happen to be in the world, you can explore our beautiful 370-acre wooded campus in Wayne, NJ, online. Take a guided virtual walking tour, view our beautiful 360º panoramas, or browse through photos and videos.