See important information below including: deadlines, log-in and application completion instructions, and decision notifications and timeframes.
- Freshmen Applicants - The application deadline is June 1. However, in order to be considered for scholarships we must receive all documentation by February 1.
- Transfers, Second Degree and Readmit - The application deadline is August 1. However, in order to be considered for our Nursing program we must receive all documentation by February 1.
Completing your Application
- Transcripts and School Reports (recommendations) may be submitted electronically using Naviance/Parchment/Docufide or SENDedu; electronic submission is preferred. Paper transcripts should be sent to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Naviance users note that you must indicate which application - the WPUNJ application or Common App - you applied with in order for your transcript to be routed properly.
- SAT/ACT scores must be sent electronically from the testing service. Our SAT code is 2518 and ACT code is 2584. Faxes, screenshots and paper copies are not accepted.
- Application Fees:
- May be paid via credit card or bank transfer (ACH) after logging in.
- Will be waived for students who attend an official visit to the University. Students may apply before visiting, but note that application fees are non-refundable once paid. Please allow up to two weeks for waivers to be posted.
- Students eligible for need-based fee waivers must submit their waiver to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- BFA Art majors click here for portfolio review information.
- Music majors click here for audition information and required SlideRoom Music application.
- University Honors College click here for additional information and application.
- Within two to three business days of submitting your online application, you will be sent an Official Application Acknowledgment email which contains important information. Please read and save this email.
- If you did not provide an email address with your application: Within five business days of receiving your application, you will be sent an Application Acknowledgment letter by regular mail which contains important information. Please read and save this letter.
Using the information provided in your application acknowledgment, you will be able to view whether necessary supporting documents have been received and the status of your admissions decision:
- Your Login ID is your WPUNJ Student Identification (SID) number which is provided in your Application Acknowledgement email. Click here to look up your SID.
- Your PIN is your date of birth in MMDDYY format (for example, March 17, 1999 would be 031799).
- We we receive a very high volume of documents. Please allow two weeks for received items to be posted to your application and viewable through this status check.
- To make any updates or changes (e.g. address, major, etc.) to your submitted application, use the "Contact Us" feature within the online application status check system or reply to your Official Application Acknowledgement email to make updates.
- Online decisions are unofficial. All official decisions - including holds - will be mailed to you with details. Upon review of your letter, please contact us with any questions.
Decision time frames
- William Paterson University is on rolling admission. Students typically receive admissions decisions approximately two weeks after applications are complete.
- Spring decision letters began sending in late September.
- Fall decision letters began sending in late October.
- If you do not have a decision after the appropriate time, contact us using the "Contact Us" feature or reply to your email application acknowledgement.