How to Change Major or Minor

Change Major or Minor

Students in good academic standing (2.0 cumulative grade point average or higher), may apply to declare or change one or more majors after completing at least one semester at William Paterson University. Declaration/change of major applications may be completed on-line, and then forwarded to the appropriate chairperson for a decision. Students are notified, via email, of the chairperson's decision and are assigned an advisor in the new major upon acceptance. Declaration/change of minor forms, are available at the Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center, if needed.

Directions on How to Change Your Major:
  1. Log onto WP Connect
  2. Select the "Student" Tab
  3. Under "My Degree" Heading, on the top center of the page, Select "Declare/Change of Major Request Form"
  4. Complete the form and you are done!

Many other majors might require students to complete certain foundation classes in addition to meeting their mimimum GPA requirement before they are able to complete an application. Full details and further information can be found at the Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center, located in Raubinger Hall, Room 140.