How can I pay my bill?


Send check or money order to:

William Paterson University
PO Box 60051
Newark, NJ 07101-8054

Please include your Banner ID number on all check and money orders.

Please DO NOT send Outside Scholarship checks to the Emerson lockbox address.

In Person:

Student Enrollment Services (SES) located at:

Morrison Hall, Suite 101
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, NJ 07470

Internet Check Payment ("e-check"):

You can pay your bill by e-check directly on-line in our Bill + Payment Student Account Center at www.wpunj.edu/ebill. There are no user fees charged for payments by e-check.

Internet Credit Cards:

You can pay your bill by credit card directly on-line in our Bill + Payment Student Account Center at www.wpunj.edu/ebill. Payment can be made utilizing MasterCard, American Express, VISA and Discover cards. The cardholder will be charged a convenience fee of 2.85%.  

When is my bill due?

Please view the Payment Due Date page on our website.


Where is Student Enrollment Services (SES) located and what is the telephone number to answer billing and payment questions? What is the fax number?

Student Enrollment Services is located in Morrison Hall Suite 101.

Phone: 973.720.3945

Fax: 973.720.2095

Email: studentservices@wpunj.edu - We will respond to e-mail inquires within 3 business days. Please provide your Student ID number within all e-mail correspondence.

Click here to view more location information.


What are the business hours for Student Enrollment Services?

Please view the Office Hours page on their website.


What are the business hours for the Office of Student Accounts?

Please view the Office Hours page on our website.


By what date must tuition charges be paid to avoid a penalty? 

Please review the Payment Due Date page on our website.

What happens if I do not make payment or approved payment arrangements with Student Enrollment Services by the due dates indicated?

Students that do not make payment by the payment due date will have their registration canceled for nonpayment. If they choose to re-register they will re-register on a course available basis and may incur Late Registration Fees.


Where can I find out information on 1098-T Tuition Payments Statement forms?

Click here for information on 1098-T forms.


What is a Direct Stafford Loan?

Direct Stafford Loans, from the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program, are low-interest loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education. Eligible students borrow directly from the U.S. Department of Education (the Department) at participating schools. 
Logon to Financial Aid for more information on Direct Lending.


How soon can I get my refund from Federal Title IV funds?

Once your awards are disbursed, if you have a credit balance (a minus sign in front of the number) you will be issued a refund within 14 days after disbursement.  The 14 day refund rule only applies to Title IV funds (federal awards) unless you authorized the University to "hold" your refund for a future semester via the Financial Aid Authorization form. The form only pertains to Title IV aid (federal aid) which is available via WPConnect, on the 'Self Service' tab and located under the Financial Aid section.

How can I verify if there are any outstanding obligations that may deter my registering for the upcoming semester?

This can be accomplished easily by:

  • Contacting Student Enrollment Services directly at (973) 720-3945 or 
  • Viewing your account via WPConnect.  Once you log in, click the Student tab from the top menu bar and go to the Bill Payment section and select the Bill and Payment Home link to view your account and/or pay your bill.