Financial Aid for Graduate & Professional Students

There are various types of financial aid available to students enrolled in programs leading to either a Master's or Doctorate degree. To be considered for most types of assistance, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Read more about applying for aideligibility and awarding.

Federal & State Aid for Graduate & Professional Students

Click here for more information on federal and state financial aid for graduate and professional students.

University Aid for Graduate & Professional Students
  • Graduate AssistantshipAn academic award for graduate students that carries a $6,000 stipend and a waiver of tuition and fees for the extent of the appointment. Graduate assistants (GAs) are students who are matriculated and enrolled full-time in a graduate program. GAs work on campus up to twenty hours per week from September 1st to June 30th.
  • Donor Scholarship Program: Scholarships made possible by William Paterson University donors. Awards range from $100-$15,000.
Other Types of Aid