As of 3/18/2020, William Paterson has implemented operational changes due to COVID-19. For the time being, we are only able to offer official e-transcripts via this portal. Paper transcripts can be ordered in person, or via mail by completing this Transcript Request form.
William Paterson University is excited to launch our new partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse to assist with the generation process for Official Transcript requests. This partnership allows us to offer various methods of delivery, such as electronic (email or ETX);regular and express mail. As a student you'll receive notifications at each step in the process.
○ Official Transcript Fee: $10.00 per transcript
○ Priority Express Mail: Please contact email@example.com or 973-720-3945 to see if we are able to accommodate express mail arrangements for your order. If we are able to accommodate, an additional $28.75 USPS service fee will have to be paid in advance. This option is only available for "Mail" transcripts only (not electronic or pdf orders).
○ Refunds: Refunds will not be considered. Please review your request for accuracy.
○ Transcripts BEFORE Fall 1979:You will not be able to order transcripts electronically if you attended as of Fall 1979 or prior. You can request these transcripts via mail or priority mail. Please complete the transcript request form found here: Transcript Request form
○ Electronic Transcripts (via email): The email link to download is available for 30 days. You may wish to save the Official Transcript before the link expires. WPU cannot re-open the link once it expires.
○ Pick Up: If you would like to pick up your transcript in person, please complete this Transcript Request form Bring the completed form to Student Enrollment Services (SES) with your payment at the time of pick up.
○ Holds: Holds must be cleared before transcripts can be processed. Please be sure to clear your hold prior to requesting a transcript.
○ Processing Time: Orders are typically processed with in 1-3 business days, depending on the type of order.
○ Editing Addresses: Once an order has been placed, you will not be allowed to change the recipient's email address. You must place a new order with the correct address.
○ Cancelling Order: Due to our automated ordering process, once an order is received it cannot be cancelled.
Always check your free unofficial transcripts and verify final grades, GPA, and degrees posted, before requesting official transcripts.
To request an official copy of your transcript by mail, please complete this Transcript Request form, and mail it with the appropriate fees to: William Paterson University, Student Enrollment Services 300 Pompton Road, Wayne NJ 07470
All requests received by mail are processed within 5 business days.There is a $10.00 charge for each official transcript.An overnight delivery option is available through the USPS for an additional charge of $28.75 (US addresses only). Students must request transcripts by 2:00pm if they want it sent express mail the same day.
Payments must be made by check or money order payable to “William Paterson University”.
Your personal information will be treated in accordance with The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Please read the following statement regarding FERPA before proceeding.
This option should be selected if you are currently enrolled in the SPRING OR FALL semester and wish to include the coursework and grades on the transcript. These transcripts are processed on June 1 for SPRING and January 10 for FALL.
This option should be selected if you are graduating by the end of the present semester and wish to include your degree designation on the transcript. Please adhere to the following schedule when selecting “hold for degree:"
User ID: Your social security number (with no spaces) PIN:Your six digit birth date (010186)
Once logged in, under the "Personal Information" tab, select "Student & Financial Aid", and then "Student Records".
Finally, select the "Unofficial Transcript" link.
William Paterson University (WPU) utilizes the National Student Clearinghouse as the official resource for reporting and confirming student enrollment at the institution.
WPU understands that this change in policy does have an impact on our students as well as those agencies requesting this crucial information. The university can assure you that the information reported to the National Student Clearinghouse is accurate and therefore respectfully requests that you honor this information received from our students as official. WPU appreciates your understanding and patience in regard to this change as the university strongly believes this adjustment is in the best interests of our student body.
If at any time a concern or question should arise, please email the Student Enrollment Services, the department responsible for official record release, at StudentServices@wpunj.edu
To access this service, students must logon to WPconnect, go to the STUDENTS heading and click on ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION.
You may send request form via email to StudentServices@wpunj.edu or mail to: Student Enrollment Services 300 Pompton Road Wayne, NJ 07470
Our institution has authorized the National Clearinghouse to act as our agent for degree verification only. Please visit the clearinghouse online at www.studentclearinghouse.org or contact them by phone at 703-742-4200.
How can I change my name and/or address?
Students may now update address information directly via the WP Connect portal
This new feature instantly updates your new address.
Students must notify Student Enrollment Services immediately of any name changes.
A written request must include:
If you have any further questions regarding name and address changes, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Paterson University complies with the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
Students can opt to authorize release of their academic, financial aid, student account and/or disciplinary records to a third party (i.e.., parents, grandparents, etc.) by completing the FERPA form on-line.
Students may adjust access to the respective records at any time by simply logging into WPConnect Online Services under “Enrollment Services”.
These permissions will remain active until your anticipated date of graduation.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act »
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, New Jersey 07470