This program is designed for professional registered nurses who want to teach the next generation of nursing students or nurses. Nursing education takes place in diverse settings; including technical schools, hospitals, two-year colleges, four-year colleges, and universities. Students in this program complete theory and practicum courses in order to be eligible to take the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) or Clinical Nurse Educator examinations(CNE-cl) (National League for Nursing-NLN). The Masters in Nursing Education Program requires 215 practicum hours.
August 1st: Fall semesterDecember 1st: Spring semester*Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space availability basis
Professor Cheryl HollemaProgram Director, Department of Nursing email@example.com 973-720-3482
• Online application/ application fee
• A BSN transcript with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required. Applicants with below a 3.0 GPA may contact the program director*
• Undergraduate prerequisite courses in statistics, health assessment, and nursing research**
• A current resume including two names of reference (former faculty and current manager/supervisor)
• Currently employed as an RN
• Students enrolling in the WPU on campus program must have an active NJ RN license; students enrolling in the WPU online program must have a active RN license in the state they are practicing in. For your application to be processed, the University must be able to validate your RN license. If your state does not have an online RN license validation process, you must submit a notarized copy of current RN license valid in the U.S. to Office of Admissions, William Paterson University, 300 Pompton Road, Wayne, NJ 07470
*Students with a GPA below 3.0 will be reviewed on an individual basis. If accepted into the program, the student will be matriculated with the condition that the student take 1-2 graduate course and earn a grade of a B or better in order to continue in the program.
**Admitted students who are missing pre-requisite with the condition that pre-requisite(s) must be completed with the first academic year before continuing in the MSN program.
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, New Jersey 07470