In this Section
WP logo two line
Search Icon
Search Arrow

The Office for Student Diversity and Inclusion

Undocumented Students

Immigration Justice & Resources for Undocumented Students

Welcome to William Paterson's resource page for undocumented students! Undocumented students of all ethnicities and nationalities can find a safe environment and supportive community at William Paterson University.  We understand that there are particular challenges experienced by undocumented students as they navigate policies, processes, and academic requirements.  This site provides information to help students reach their full potential and achieve their goals for college success.

If you currently have DACA approval or a pending DACA application, please speak to a licensed, experienced immigration attorney or recognized/accredited organization or representative before making any plans pertaining to work, travel, or applying for a DACA renewal. Among many options, CUNY CLEAR is an excellent resource for free legal services and guidance.

Financial Aid Information

Apply for NJ State Aid before the semester you enroll.

The New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application allows undocumented students enrolled in eligible New Jersey colleges and universities to apply for state financial aid.

  • Complete this application if you are not a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen and meet all State of New Jersey Eligibility Criteria: Complete the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application
  • Please be aware that the online application will not save an incomplete application. Please call customer service at (609) 584-4480 with any concerns. Important: If a pop-up appears on your application screen requesting to track your physical location, select “Options for this site” and then choose “Always deny and don’t tell me” and continue with your application.

Apply for State Aid through WP's Financial Aid Office.  The Financial Aid Office is located in Morrison Hall. 

Qualifications to Apply for State Aid:

  • Attended high school in New Jersey for three or more years; and
  • Graduated from a New Jersey high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in this State; and
  • Register as an entering student or are currently enrolled in a public institution of higher education not earlier than the fall semester of the 2013-2014 academic year; and
  • File an AFFIDAVIT with WPUNJ stating you have filed an application to legalize your immigration status or will file an application as soon as you are eligible to do so.

On-Campus Resources for Undocumented Students

These are on-campus resources available for WPUNJ students. 

Pioneer Food Pantry. The Pioneer Food Pantry is located on the 3rd Floor of the Student Center. Students must complete the Pioneer Pantry Order Form by 11:59pm on the day before the orders are prepared.

Counseling, Health & Wellness Center. The University’s Counseling, Health, and Wellness Center can provide free counseling services for students who experience emotional and mental distress related to immigration issues. The Counseling, Health, & Wellness Center is located in Overlook South, 1st Floor (Between Matelson Hall and White Hall).

Immigration Justice Faculty Coalition. The faculty coalition provides a safe space and support for undocumented students. They will listen to your concerns and assist in finding resources. Faculty and professors cannot provide legal advice or psychological counseling; however, they will be able to provide information about available services. Please contact Elena Sabogal at for more information. Dr. Sabogal office is located in Atrium Room #111. 

General Resources for Undocumented Students

These are general resources available for WPUNJ students within the United States to seek out and for faculty and staff to refer students to in the WPUNJ community.  

300 Pompton Road | Wayne, New Jersey 07470
(973) 720-2000

Copyright © 2024 | Privacy Policy