Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)

Quick Links

What programs does Mercer offer?

Mercer County Community College and William Paterson University have joined together to offer several bachelor’s degrees for MCCC graduates. The programs are offered by William Paterson University, a New Jersey State University, at the MCCC West Windsor campus during late afternoons, evenings, Fridays, weekends, and online. The degrees that are currently offered are:

B.A. in Early Childhood Education**

**After successfully completing the early childhood major and a second major in psychology or liberal studies, students can qualify for two teaching certifications, Preschool through Third Grade and Teacher of Student's with Disabilities (TSD).

B.A. in Liberal Studies with concentrations in any two of the following:

English, History, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology

B.A. in Psychology

Where do I find a consortium agreement contract?

Click Here!

Consortium agreement contacts:

Mercer County Community College

Mr. Jason Taylor
Director of Financial Aid
Phone: 609-586-4800  x3218

William Paterson University

Financial Aid Office
Phone: 973-720-2202

*E-mail inquiries can be specifically directed to Financial Aid Counselor Ms. Stacy-Ann Brown or Director of Financial Aid Mr. Michael Corso as needed.

Who should I contact if I haven’t received a response on my admissions application to WPU at Mercer?

Leonard Winogora:

On-Site Coordinator and Advisor
WPU at Mercer
Mercer County Community College
1200 Old Trenton Rd-Room LA 135
West Windsor, NJ 08550

Patrick Noonan:

Director of Transfer Programs and Special Sessions
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, NJ 07470

Can I purchase my books from MCCC’s bookstore?

Books will be available at Mercer’s bookstore two weeks before the semester begins.

To see the complete listing of books that the MCCC bookstore carries for WPU at Mercer students, go to then select Textbooks and Course Materials in upper left corner and hit enter. Next select, all as your program then term then select William Paterson as your department.

Please note: The MCCC bookstore only carries those books for WPU courses that are offered on site at MCCC. To see the books that are required for online courses, see your course schedule under your WPConnect account.


I need proof of full-time enrollment as a WPU at Mercer student? What office can help me with that?

To obtain verification of full-time enrollment, contact the Office of Student Enrollment Services. They can be reached at 973-720-3945 and are located in Morrison Hall on the main campus. Information can also be found here.

How do I apply?

William Paterson University welcomes applications to its bachelor’s degree programs in Early Childhood Education, Liberal Studies, and Psychology that are offered on the MCCC campus. Students can apply for the WPU at Mercer program for the fall and spring semesters.

Click here to apply for admission

What are the application deadlines? (for transfer students)

The deadline for admissions applications for the fall term is August 1st.

The deadline for admissions applications for the spring term is January 8th.

Your application and supporting official transcripts/documents must be received by the deadlines above.

What do I need to send in when I apply?

Official College Transcripts from all colleges attended.

Mail official transcripts to: 

William Paterson University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Morrison Hall
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, NJ 07470

How long will it take to receive a response?

It takes about 4 weeks to review and respond to your application.

How much does tuition cost?  (2018-2019)

Tuition cost is $5,507 for NJ residents for full-time study (12-19 credits) or $353.00 a credit for NJ residents for tuition and fees for 1-11 credits.

Who do I contact for financial aid?

The main phone number for the Financial Aid Office is 973-720-3945 or 

E-mail inquiries can be directed to Ms. Susan Rupple, Financial Aid Counselor ( or Mr. Michael Corso, Director of Financial Aid (

What is William Paterson University’s code for financial aid?


Can I purchase my books from Mercer?

Books will be available at Mercer’s bookstore two weeks before the semester begins.

I have one more class or credit before I graduate from my county college, can I enroll in classes at WPU while I complete this class?

Maybe, please contact Dan Baker or Dr. Winogora for details.

Who should I contact for questions about the Early Childhood Education major?

Dr. Ranita Cheruvu or Dr. Linnea Weiland in the Department of Early Childhood Education.

Who should I contact for questions about the Psychology major?

Dr. William Indick in the Psychology Department

Who should I contact for questions about the Liberal Studies major?

Dr. Terrance Finnegan in the Liberal Studies Program

Where will graduation be held?

Graduation is held at the Prudential Center in Newark once a year in May. Additionally, there is a WPU at Mercer graduation celebration held on the MCCC campus (usually in the MCCC Conference Center) for WPU at Mercer graduates and their families a few days prior to Prudential Center ceremony.  

Do I have to pay the enrollment fee?

The enrollment fee is mandatory for everyone.

I just got accepted, how do I register for courses?

Students are given instructions in their acceptance packet on how to register. 

How many credits can I transfer in from a community college?

60 credits.

Can I take foreign language courses at Mercer after I obtain an associate degree?

Yes, complete a Visiting Student Form and a Financial aid Consortium Agreement first, then enroll in two consecutive foreign language courses at Mercer (or American Sign Language I and II). Contact your faculty advisor for approval and details.