Wireless access is available in the Cheng Library via your personal wireless enabled device (803.11b/g/n) or laptops available for checkout to students, faculty and staff.
Laptops for loan. . .
- Availability of wireless laptops and iPads can be viewed HERE.
- Wireless laptops and iPads are available for loan to current students, faculty and staff who are registered Library patrons only. These laptops are for use only within the Library.
- WPUNJ students, faculty and staff may connect to the wireless network with their personal, wireless equipped laptops.
- They must have at least Windows 7 and a functional wireless network card. (Windows 8 and 8.1 are acceptable, too). We cannot assist you in configuring your equipment.
- This access policy and information regarding use apply only to these specific wireless laptops available for checkout by Cheng Library patrons at the Media Services Service Desk.
- These laptops run the Windows XP operating system.Note: iPads do NOT have this software and are not meant to have comparable software with the laptops.
To access the campus wireless network, users must be in an area of wireless coverage. Areas include most of the public spaces of the Library. Solid walls and other factors may limit connectivity. If you have trouble connecting, please move to another part of the library.
See the coverage map for more details - 1st Floor - 2nd Floor
- Laptop and iPad checkout is limited to current Cheng Library patrons with a valid WPUNJ ID.
- Checkout is through the Media Services Service Desk.
- Checkout is on a first come, first serve basis. No reservations or renewals.
- Loan period is three hours.
- Laptops and iPads must be returned one hour before Library closing.
- Laptops and iPads cannot be removed from the Library.
- Borrowers accept full responsibility for loss or damage. You will be charged for damage to the equipment.
- Overdue laptops accrue a fine of $10.00 per hour, or any portion thereof.
- The borrower is responsible for any loss or damage to the laptop.
- A replacement charge of up to $2500 may be charged for loss or damage.
- Contact Library Information Systems at 973.720.2298 with any questions.
- It is important to save your work prior to checking in the laptop. All work will be erased and the laptop reset when it is checked in. The Library & University are not responsible for your failure to save your work.
- Save your work. We HIGHLY recommend that you save to either a USB flash memory device, your University-provided Office 365 account, a Dropbox account, or to your Google Drive account.
- The best way to save your work on an iPad is to log in to your WPUNJ provided Office 365 account, a Dropbox account, or to your Google Drive account and save your work there.
- E-mail your work to your e-mail account. The best way to ensure that your work is safe is to use the WPUNJ student web email to send it to your account.
- iPads are NOT configured for printing. However, you can send your documents to webprint.wpunj.edu. To read more about web print, check out the IT Wiki article here
- Make sure you are in an area of wireless coverage.
- Print will output to the printers in the Electronic Resource Center (ERC) computer lab, or to the Multi-Function Printer next to the Reference Desk. All printers are located on the library's first floor.
- Do not leave laptop computers, iPads or any other personal property unattended in the Library. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen laptops, you are.
- Questions about the use of software on the laptops or iPads may be directed to the Student Technical Consultants in the Electronic Resource Center (ERC).
- Questions about the lending services of the laptops may be directed to Media Services -973.720.2308.
- Additional questions about the Wireless Laptops/iPads Program may be directed to Library Information Systems - 973.720.2285. Comments and suggestions about the Wireless Laptop/iPad Program are welcome - plese send your comments or suggestions to email@example.com .
|Microsoft Word 2013||Microsoft Excel 2013|
|Microsoft Powerpoint 2013||Microsoft Access 2013|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer 11||Microsoft Publisher 2013|
|Adobe Acrobat XI Pro||MS Media Player & Quicktime|