||William Paterson University Community
||Stephen Bolyai, Vice President for Administration and Finance
||February 25, 2011
||University Open Budget Forum: Thursday, March 3, 12:30-1:45 p.m.,
University Commons, Ballroom A
You are invited to attend an Open Budget Forum jointly conducted by the Faculty Senate Budget and Planning Council and the Office of the Vice President for Administration and Finance to gain input from the campus community as we begin our budget planning process for Fiscal Year 2012.
This is the second open forum conducted as part of the University’s improved budget process and will address budgetary matters as well as revenue enhancement strategies.
For the budget discussion, please keep in mind the six University goals that provide the framework for our budget and strategic planning processes:
- William Paterson University will become a model of excellence as a public university devoted to access for, and achievement of, its students.
- William Paterson University will develop its academic programs, manage enrollments, and promote activities that will enhance the academic and scholarly environment of the University and increase its ability to attract and retain students.
- William Paterson will steadily increase its enrollment while improving recruitment and retention. Enrollment of undergraduate and graduate students will increase in programs of excellence and new programs will be developed.
- William Paterson will be directly engaged in the life of New Jersey and beyond, will serve as an intellectual and cultural center for the region, and will provide global opportunities for faculty and students.
- William Paterson University will increase its visibility and academic reputation to attract excellent and diverse faculty and students.
- William Paterson University will secure sufficient resources and develop a budget and resource allocation process that will align strategic planning with budgeting. It will diversify its funding sources to include greater levels of philanthropy and support from its alumni, friends, foundations, and corporations.
We hope you will join us for this important discussion.