How to ... videos:

How to register

Understanding Your Transcript and Degree Evaluation 

Ins and Outs of Registration – Part 1 

Learning About UCC ... videos:

UCC 101

Finding UCC Courses  

Preparing for Registration :

  • Complete a preliminary list of course selections before you meet with your advisor and bring any other important materials with you.

  • Plan to schedule an appointment with your advisor at least a week before your slotted registration window opens.

  • Some late afternoon or early evening hours may be available by your advisor to accommodate evening students; if necessary,ask to be advise via e-mail or telephone.

  • If you have to leave your advisor a voice or e-mail message, let them know when they can reach you and make sure that you are available to answer their return call.

  • Come prepared to discuss academic issues, educational goals and career objectives.

  • Develop immediate and long-range career goals that reflect a careful evaluation of your interests and abilities.

  • Recognize that the advisement relationship is a team effort.

William Paterson 'WP CONNECT ' is Offered

Did you know that you can use the university's webpage to look up your academic student records, personal information, registration and scheduling procedures, course catalog, available course sections, and financial aid information? If you are unsure of how to use the computer system for these purposes, just follow the directions that are indicated below.


How to print out your degree audit...

  • Logon to: William Paterson University's homepage
  • Go to: Student Services on left hand side tool bar
  • Click on: WP Online
  • Click on: the link that says SELF SERVICES
  • Click on Degree Evaluation
  • Select Term - FALL 2011 - hit submit
  • Click on Generate New Evaluation (located at the bottom of the page)
  • Click on the program and change term to FALL 2011 - hit Generate Request
  • Click on Detailed Requirement - hit submit


How to register on-line...

  • Make an appointment with your advisor to discuss the courses you will take next semester.
  • At this meeting, your advisor will provide you with an alternate pin. This is essential for registering on-line.
  • Log on to the web to register during your timetable. Your registration date is determined by the amount of credits you have earned - this does not include the credits you are taking now. You can find out about the registration timetables through this link: .
  • During your registration timetable, go to and click on the WP CONNECT icon in the top left hand corner of the webpage.
  • Login. Your username is your e-mail address (without the Your password is your 855#. Click submit.
  • Click on SELF SERVICE tab.
  • Under REGISTRATION heading, click on add/drop classes.
  • Select term - SPRING 2012. Click submit.
  • Enter alternate pin. Click submit.
  • Search for classes. Click ADD to select a course.
  • At the end of the session, remember to click SUBMIT.
  • Review your schedule to make sure that you have added the correct courses you discussed with your advisor.

For more information on registration procedures, please refer to the web registration guide at

Alternate Pin  Numbers

You must obtain your Alternate Pin from your advisor in order to register on the web. The Alternate Pin purposely changes each semester to ensure that you meet with your academic advisor at least once a semester. At times, your faculty advisor might be unavailable to meet with you. If this occurs, the Deans, Associate Deans, the Department Chairs and all Faculty Advisors are able to assist you with your class scheduling.

  • All students who have been accepted into teacher certification programs have assigned faculty advisors in these areas as well as their academic major advisors. Both advisors will receive their advisees' Alternate Pin, i.e., the same Alternate Pin will be issued to both advisors. This will enable those students who are taking primarily education courses (usually student teachers and practicum package students) to obtain their Alternate Pin from the advisor with whom they have the closest connection.


  • Students must obtain the permission of the department chair or program coordinator to enter a closed course, or to enroll in a course for which they do not have the pre-requisites?  Only a department chair is authorized to issue such permission, and it is to be used only for exceptional circumstances.


  • Transfer students frequently have questions about credit and course equivalencies on their transfer credit evaluations. It's sometimes best in these cases to go directly to the source - the transfer credit evaluator. There are two evaluators; one for students with last names A-L and one for M-Z. Call ex. 3606 for AL students and ex. 3608 for M-Z students. The Evaluations Unit is part of the University's Undergraduate Admissions Office.


Students may want to keep the following materials on hand throughout their academic experience at WPUNJ:

  • University Catalog
  • Current Reference and Instruction Guide for information on pass/fail deadlines, repeat course policies, filing for leave of absence, final exam schedule, general education and non-western course listings, as well as semester course offerings
  • Student Handbook
  • Academic Advising Guide
  • Departmental Curriculum Control Sheet
  • Student's most recent degree audit
  • Career Planning Portfolio


Career Development Center
Student Center 301, 300 Pompton Road Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone 973.720.3291 Fax 973.720.2074

Facebook - WP Career Development    Twitter- WP Career Center    Instagram - WP Career Center