Declaration of Major

Students in good academic standing (2.0 cumulative grade point average or higher) and have 12 or more credits from WPUNJ, may apply to declare or change one or more majors after completing at least one semester at William Paterson University. Declaration/change of major applications may be completed on-line, and then forwarded to the appropriate chairperson for a decision. Students are notified, via email, of the chairperson's decision and are assigned an advisor in the new major upon acceptance. Declaration/change of minor forms are available at the Career Development and Advisement Center.

Directions on How to Change Your Major:

  1. Log onto WP Connect
  2. Select the "Self Service" Tab
  3. Under Self Service Quick Links-Registration, on the top center of the page, Select "Declare/Change of Major Request Form"
  4. Complete the form and you are done

Many other majors might require students to complete certain foundation classes in addition to meeting their mimimum gpa requirement before they are able to make an application. Full details and further information can be found at the Career Development and Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center, Student Center 301.

Career Development Center
Student Center 301, 300 Pompton Road Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone 973.720.3291 Fax 973.720.2074

Facebook - WP Career Development    Twitter- WP Career Center    Instagram - WP Career Center