Veteran Students' Responsibilities
Veteran students at William Paterson University have ongoing responsibilities to the Department of Veterans Affairs. The DVA and the Veterans Services office at William Paterson University closely monitor each veteran student's enrollment status and academic program. The student's entitlement is based upon the number of credit hours for which a student is enrolled, and any changes in academic program.
Veteran students at William Paterson University must do the following:
- Notify the Certifying Veteran Official at William Paterson University every term that you register and want to be certified.
- Complete either a Veteran Deferment form or National Guard/Iraq Waiver form for each semester you register for.
- Register only for courses which are required for completion of your degree.
- Do not register for a course(s) in which a passing grade was earned, even if it was taken at another institution.
- Notify Kelly Klein at email@example.com if you:
- change programs;
- change course load, even if it does not affect VA benefit;
- withdraw from classes;
- do not enroll for a term for which you are certified;
- terminate enrollment;
- are placed on Academic Dismissal;
- change address. (You also need to directly inform the Department of Veterans Affairs);
- have depleted your VA educational benefits.