William Paterson - Zeta Beta Chapter
Tau Sigma is a national academic honor society, designed specifically to recognize and promote the academic excellence and involvement of transfer students. William Paterson is the 144th chapter inducted into the society as of fall 2014. Acceptance into Tau Sigma is invitation only and based on your first semester academic performance at WP. Within the William Paterson Zeta Beta chapter of Tau Sigma, students will attend leadership series workshops, community service outreach opportunities, and join Transfer Student Experience at certain events. The goal of this chapter is to develop more leaders within the transfer student community at WP by becoming a voice of the transfer students and developing involvement within the community. Tau Sigma inductees will also have a chance to apply for scholarship opportunities through the national organization.
Student Membership Criteria
- You must have transferred to William Paterson University with at least one full years’ academic credits (24 or more) satisfied at the prior institution.
- You must have been registered for full time status & earned 12 or more credits your first semester at WPU.
- Membership in the William Paterson Chapter of Tau Sigma shall be based upon superior academic achievement of a 3.5 GPA or higher by students during your first term at William Paterson University.
- Eligibility is limited to the first term of enrollment at William Paterson University.
- Tau Sigma is a lifetime membership and the student cannot lose their membership in a subsequent semester, even if their GPA falls below 3.5.
Objectives of a Tau Sigma Chapter...
- Address the current lack of recognition of outstanding academic achievement of transfer students.
- Provide motivation for the academic excellence of all incoming transfer students.
- Enhance the reputation of all transfer students.
- Provide a common bond among transfer students.
- Promote the involvement of transfer students.
- Formulation of a group of students who can help the university address and meet the needs of incoming transfer students.