Objectives of a Tau Sigma Chapter...
- Address the current lack of recognition of outstanding academic achievement of transfer students.
- Provide motivation for the academic excellence of all incoming transfer students.
- Enhance the reputation of all transfer students.
- Provide a common bond among transfer students.
- Promote the involvement of transfer students.
- Formulation of a group of students who can help the university address and meet the needs of incoming transfer students.
Benefits to the current transfer student...
- recognition for academic achievement
- early involvement opportunities in the college or university
- opportunity to assume leadership positions
- opportunity for assimilation into the student population
- increased visibility of current transfer students
- enhanced reputation of current transfer students
- message from the university that there is level of commitment to transfer students
Student Membership Criteria
- You must have transferred to William Paterson University with at least one full years’ academic credits satisfied at the prior institution.
- You must be registered for full time status of 12 or more credits.
- Membership in the William Paterson Chapter of Tau Sigma shall be based upon superior academic achievement of a 3.5 GPA or higher by students during your first term at William Paterson University.
- Eligibility is limited to the first term of enrollment at William Paterson University.
- Tau Sigma is a lifetime membership and the student cannot lose their membership in a subsequent semester, even if their GPA falls below 3.5.