Direct Deposit of Refunds
Direct Deposit is the most convenient method to receive your refund. You no longer have to wait for your refund check to arrive by mail. If you are entitled to a refund, you can have your refund deposited into your personal checking or savings account. Please refer to the instructions below to set up your account. Please note that refunds can only be deposited to your personal checking or saving account, no other types of accounts are allowed for direct deposit.
To set up your Direct Deposit account information, log into the Bill+Payment Account Center by going to http://www.wpunj.edu/ebill. To login, please enter your student-id# [855#] as your University ID and enter your student PIN. Your default PIN is your birthday (mmddyy) unless you changed it. If you need assistance logging in, please contact the HELP desk at 973-720-HELP.
Instructions to add a new bank account for direct deposit refunds
- Once you are logged in, click on the "eRefunds" tab from the top menu bar.
- Click on "Set Up Account" and select the option to use either an existing account or set up a new account for direct deposit.
- To use an existing account that you previously saved as a payment method, click on the button for the bank account that you wish to use for direct deposit of your refund.
- To create a new account, click on the option to "Set up a New Account". You will need your ABA routing and bank account numbers to enter your account information. You must create a name to save your payment method. Please review the information that you entered for accuracy and click “Continue”.
- To complete the process, you must read the agreement form and click on the “I Agree” box if you want the University to credit funds to your personal checking or saving account.
- Click "Print Agreement" to keep a copy for your records and then click "Continue" to finalize the set up of your account for refunds.
Instructions to edit or remove Direct Deposit information.
If you currently have a payment method set up for direct deposit and want to edit or remove the refund option, follow the instructions below.
- Once you are logged in, click on the "eRefunds" tab from the top menu bar to edit or remove the refund option.
- Click "Edit" to make changes to the billing address information only. The ABA routing or account numbers cannot be updated. You must "Remove" the account if you want no longer want to use it for refunds or if you want to use a different account.
- Click "Remove" if you no longer want your refund to be deposited into the saved payment method.
- Refer to the instructions above if you want to add a new or existing account account for direct deposit of your refund.
Please be sure that your ABA routing and account numbers are correct to ensure that your refund is posted to your bank account in a timely manner. Please remember that if you close your bank account or change banking institutions you must remove the refund option for direct deposit by going to “eRefunds” and click on the "Remove” option. If your refund is rejected because of an incorrect ABA routing and/or account numbers, you will receive a paper check in the mail, which will delay you receiving your refund.
If you are eligible for a refund and your account is set up for direct deposit, an automatic email notification will be sent to your WPU email account to inform you of your direct deposit refund. Your direct deposit refund will appear in your account within 72 hours after it is processed.