Office of Registration Services
Registrar - Leave Absence / Withdrawal
Leave of Absence
Undergraduate students withdrawing from all courses for any given semester must apply for a Leave of Absence or Withdrawal from the University.
- To be eligible for a Leave of Absence students must be in good academic standing.(Overall GPA of 2.00 or better)
- A leave of Absence may be granted for one academic year (two semesters).
- Students must apply for a Leave of Absence 30 days prior to the last day of classes of the semester for which it is applicable.
- To apply for a leave of absence please go to WPCONNECT at the student services tab and file the necessary information.
Refunds after the deadline WILL NOT be considered under any circumstances.
Withdrawal from classes will not be refused to any matriculated student.
- Withdrawal from the University should not be confused with withdrawing from a course or a Leave of Absence.
- A withdrawal is for an indefinite length of time and if students choose to return to William Paterson they will need to complete the necessary paperwork for readmission through the admissions office.
- Students MUST be separated from the University a minimum of one year from the date of withdrawal before readmitting to the University.
- To request a withdrawal you MUST go to WPCONNECT at the student services tab and file the necessary information.
- Refunds after the deadline WILL NOT be considered under any circumstances.