Office of Registration Services
An independent study course provides an opportunity for academically qualified students to earn university credit for a project planned jointly with a faculty sponsor and not covered by an existing course.
- Students must be Juniors or Seniors with a GPA of 3.00 both overall and in their major.
- An application form with a one page prospectus should be submitted to the sponsoring faculty member.
- The application must be signed by the Sponsoring Faculty member, Chairperson, Dean.
- The approved Independent Study form MUST be submitted in person by the student to the Office of the Registrar.
- The form must be submitted no later than the end of the program adjustment period for the semester in which the independent study is to be taken.
Three credits of independent study may be taken a semester with no more than nine credits credited toward degree requirements.