First Year Student Orientation is a two-day program which will be held on:
- June 29-30, 2016
- July 20-21, 2016
- August 9-10, 2016
- University Life presentation
- Student-to-student dialogue on the different aspects of campus life
- Discussion of Class Schedules
- Financial Aid/ Tuition Payment
- University Services Fair
- Panels on resident student and commuter student topics
Overnight Participants: The evening events include activities such as outdoor/indoor volleyball, basketball, ping pong, music and dancing, Karaoke, and so much more.
- First-year Experience
- Presentations from each of the Colleges
A Commitment To Serve
We are asking that students and parents bring along a non-perishable item or two to help us support local food pantries. Please do not pack the items away in a suitcase as we will be collecting the items at check-in on Day 1.
- Complete the RSVP form as soon as possible.
- Wear casual clothes, comfortable walking shoes, prepare for all weather (light jacket and umbrella, etc.)
- Bring along a non-perishable item or two for our food pantry collection
- Be ready and open to meet new people!
For students staying overnight:
- Bring a pillow, blanket and towels
- Be prepared to play, meet others and have fun!
When you arrive on campus, proceed to the Recreation Center which is located in Lot 6 where ample parking is available. Check-in starts at 8:00am in the Recreation Center Arena and programs are scheduled through 5:30pm. For those staying overnight, please bring your overnight bag into the Rec Center for check-in as well. Additional events will be hosted that evening.
Please proceed to Wayne Hall at 8:30am and park in Lot 4 or 5. The activities will continue until 12:30pm.
Orientation includes a continental breakfast, lunch and reception on Day 1 and a full breakfast on Day 2. Those spending the night will be provided other snacks and food options during the evening hours.
If you have any further questions regarding Orientation, please visit the frequently asked question section or e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 973-720-6206 which is our Orientation Hotline where you can leave messages if needed. During the summer months, the University is closed on Fridays, so your best way to reach us would be through e-mail.