Wireless access is available in the Cheng Library via your personal wireless enabled device (803.11b/g/n) or laptops available for checkout to students, faculty and staff.
Laptops for loan. . .
- Availability of wireless laptops and iPads can be viewed HERE.
Wireless laptops and iPads are available for loan to current students, faculty and staff whow are registered Library patrons only. These laptops are for use only within the Library.
- WPUNJ students, faculty and staff may connect to the wireless network with their personal, wireless equipped laptops. They must have Windows XP and a functional wireless network card. We cannot assist you in configuring your equipment.
- This access policy and information regarding use apply only to these specific wireless laptops available for checkout by Cheng Library patrons at the Media Services Service Desk.
- These laptops run the Windows XP operating system.Note: iPads do NOT have this software and are not meant to have comparable software with the laptops.
|Microsoft Word 2007||Microsoft Excel 2007|
|Microsoft Powerpoint 2007||Microsoft Access 2007|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||Microsoft Publisher 2007|
|Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0||MS Media Player & Quicktime|
- Wireless Access and Coverage
To access the campus network and Internet, users must be in an area of wireless coverage. Areas include most of the public spaces of the Library. Solid walls and other factors may limit connectivity. If you have trouble connecting, move to another part of the library.
See the coverage map for more details - 1st Floor - 2nd Floor
- Checkout, Time Limits, and Availability
- Laptop and iPad checkout is limited to current Cheng Library patrons with a valid WPUNJ ID.
- Checkout is through the Media Services Service Desk.
- Checkout is on first come, first served basis. No reserves or renewals.
- Loan period is three hours.
- Laptops and iPads must be returned one hour before Library closing.
- Laptops and iPads cannot be removed from the Library.
- Borrowers accept full responsibility for loss or damage. You will be charged for damage to the equipment.
- Fines and Liability
- Overdue laptops accrue a fine of $10.00 per hour, or any portion thereof.
- The borrower is responsible for any loss or damage to the laptop.
- A replacement charge of up to $2500 may be charged for loss or damage.
- Contact Library Information Systems at 973.720.2298 with any questions.
- Saving Your Work
- It is important to save your work prior to checking in the laptop. All work will be erased and the laptop reset when it is checked in. The Library & University are not responsible for your failure to save your work. The best way to save your work on an iPad is to log in to your Dropbox account and save your work there.
- Save your work. We recommend that you save to a USB flash memory device or a floppy disk.
- E-mail your work to your e-mail account. The best way to ensure that your work is safe is to use the web email to send it to your account.
- Printing Your Work
- iPads are NOT configured for printing.
- Make sure you are in an area of wireless coverage.
- Print will output to the Electronic Resource Center (ERC), first floor, front room printer.
- Do not leave laptop computers, iPads or any other personal property unattended in the Library. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen laptops, you are.
- Questions about the use of software on the laptops or iPads may be directed to the Student Technical Consultants in the ERC.
- Questions about the lending services of the laptops may be directed to Media Services - 720.2308.
- Additional questions about the Wireless Laptops/iPads Program may be directed to Library Information Systems - 720.2285. Comments and suggestions about the Wireless Laptop/iPad Program are welcome - send to email@example.com .