Requests that come into the department already identified as OP:
- Routed to LTA with P Card
- LTA searches OP vendors for title starting with Amazon.com. If it’s available through Amazon, it can easily be combined with rush and/or media requests into one order.
- ABAA-booknet Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America
- AddALL Used and Out of Print Search
- Advanced Book Exchange Inc.
- Alibris (formerly Interloc, Inc.);
includes Library Information
- Amazon.com includes listings from used and rare book dealers
- Bibliofind (purchased by Amazon.com)
- Bookfinder.com (formerly MX BookFinder)
- Digital Bibliophile Community
- If the title is located, an order is placed.
- If the title is not located, the LTA send a yellow card to the requestor notifying him/her that we are not able to locate a copy of the out-of-print title.
Requests that are identified as OP during the regular ordering process:
- LTA send a yellow card to the requestor notifying him/her that the title is out of print.
- If the selector re-submits the request, then the workflow described above in #1 is followed.