The Resource Management Division provides leadership and support in developing, organizing and providing access to the Library's collection of information resources. In addition, the Division provides access to other resources outside of the Library in order to meet the information needs of the Library's users, This is done in accordance with the overall mission of the David and Lorraine Cheng Library. It is the responsibility of this Division to:
- Develop and preserve the Library's collections
- Oversee the acquisition of library materials in all formats
- Provide bibliographic control and access to the Library's resources
- Facilitate access to and delivery of materials beyond the Library's collections
- Implement new technologies for the continuous improvement of services
The mission of the Periodicals Department of the David & Lorraine Cheng Library at William Paterson University is to make available for patron use periodical literature to meet their academic and research needs. To accomplish this mission, the Department orders, receives, and processes for use approximately 1400 current journal titles in paper, microform, and 2,000 in electronic format. Additionally, upon request, the Department obtains books and copies of articles not owned by the Library through InterLibrary Loan (ILL) and from commercial document delivery suppliers.
The service provided by the Periodicals Department is a vital link in the research process and is a critical element in the public service provided by the Library.
Periodicals Department Handbook
Periodicals Student Assistant Handbook