- Government Publications
- Government Forms
- Government Ready Reference and Public Records
- Legal Reference
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
- This database indexes print and electronic government information products created by Federal agencies. Many of these products were distributed through the Federal Depository Library Program. The Catalog data set contains authoritative bibliographic records generated since January 1994 and is updated daily. The Government Printing Office also provides an online collection of Subject Bibliographies on approximately 150 topics to assist in the identification of publications, subscriptions and electronic products that can be purchased from GPO or viewed online.
- General Accounting Office Reports
- The General Accounting Office is the investigative arm of Congress. It examines the use of public funds, evaluates federal programs and activities, and provides analyses, options, recommendations, and other assistance to help the Congress make effective oversight, policy, and funding decisions. Its published reports cover a wide variety of topics and offer useful sources of information for many student research projects. This web page enables you to search and browse a database of reports issued since 1975; all reports issued since 1995 are available online in full text.
- New Jersey Government Web Publications
- A directory of online publications produced by over 60 New Jersey state government departments, agencies, and authorities.
| Top of page |
- FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (U.S. Department of Education)
- This online form provides students with the fastest way to begin seeking federal student financial aid. A guide to Completing the FAFSA is also available.
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service Forms and Publications
- Federal tax forms, accompanying instructions, and other tax publications can be downloaded from the official I.R.S. site. Includes current and prior years.
- Voter Registration Application (State of New Jersey, County Commissioners of Registration)
- This form, which is provided on the New Jersey Division of Elections web site, can be printed. Once it's completed, it should be submitted to the appropriate county Commissioner of Registration office.
| Top of page |
Government Ready Reference and Public Records
- American FactFinder (U.S. Census Bureau)
- Fast access to population, housing, and economic census data you can use to create custom profiles for states, cities, counties, congressional districts, and other geographically defined statistical areas.
- Fedstats: Statistical Reference Shelf
- This site gives you quick access to popular government statistical publications including the Statistical Abstract of the United States, the State and Metropolitan Area Data Book, Health, United States, the Digest of Education Statistics, and more.
- Comprehensive directory of Official Federal, State, and Local Government and Court links. Includes over 180 pages of Federal, State, and Local Government and Court resources all accessible in 2 clicks. The local government directory breaks down each state by counties and cities (townships, villages, etc.) and has approximately 15,000 links nationwide in this area.
- Governments on the WWW
- Very large directory offers links to official government sites and political parties by country. The simple organization of the site makes navigation easy. Sub-directories include listings for direct links to heads of state, parliaments, courts of law, diplomatic representation, and a number of subject areas (e.g., broadcasting, currency, elections, statistics, etc.).
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- The federal government's premier career reference book on occupations and tomorrow's job market. For five decades, this versatile volume has proven useful to career counselors, students, and other job seekers.
- Search Systems - Public Records Databases
- Large collection of links to free public record databases on the Internet. Organized into national, state, and international sections and subsections. Easy to browse and search.
| Top of page |
- New Jersey Statutes
- This official site - hosted by the New Jersey State Legislature - contains "the compilation of law that is the most current official text of the permanent and general statutes of New Jersey available without charge to the public pursuant to P.L. 1995, c. 319 (C. 52:11-78)."