Education and Curriculum Resources
The Curriculum Materials Center (CMC) is a resource collection for education students and faculty, as well as parents, teachers and librarians. Located on the first floor of the David and Lorraine Cheng Library, the CMC is open whenever the Library is open, and staff are usually available on weekdays from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, and some weekend hours. Ask at the Reference Desk for assistance if no one is available in the CMC.
The Curriculum Materials Center holds a number of specialized collections in support of Education students and faculty. If you need assistance, please ask.
- Big Books
- Children's magazines
- Computer Software (PreK-12)
- Curriculum Guide Collections
- Holocaust Education Collection
- Juvenile Books
- Reference Materials
- Teaching Aids Collection
- Textbook Collection
- Videos (PreK-8)
Some education-related materials are held in other parts of the library, based on their format, or relationship to the larger collections:
- Video materials for gr. 9-12 are located in Media Services. Media for teachers and counselors are is listed in either alphabetical or subject order.
- Additional books can be either be found in the stacks on the second floor, or in the reference area, or in ebook format.
- Educational journals are available through the Journals A-Z list page or through databases such as ERIC or ProQuest Education.
Familiarize yourself with the Curriculum Materials Center by visiting the Library and completing the Self-Guided Tour. This should take approximately 20 minutes, and will give you a basic understanding of the resources here. If you are completing the tour as part of your coursework, please fill out the online Self-Guided Tour Feedback Form, once completed.
Course-related instruction and orientations to the Curriculum Materials Center are available upon request. Requests should be made at least two weeks in advance to ensure room availability. To schedule instruction, contact Yvonne Roux, the Curriculum Materials Librarian, 973-720-3184.
- Yvonne Roux, Curriculum Materials Librarian: (973) 720-3184
- Chris Farrell: (973) 720-2174
- Anne Krautheim: (973) 720-2174
- Patricia Moore, Curriculum Materials Assistant: (973) 720-2174
- Louise Nordyk: (973) 720-2174
- Danielle Savvas: (973) 720-2174
| Top of page |