Enterprise Network Services is responsible for the security, design, implementation and management of the University's wired and wireless network infrastructure providing redundancy and reliability in support of all voice, data and video services connecting students, faculty and staff to all of the University's information resources and the Internet.
What makes our wired and wireless infrastructure?
- Physical optical fiber plant (single and multimode optical fiber distribution from builfing to building)
- Horizontal/Vertical risers distribution (building optical and copper wire distribution)
- Core equipment (high speed 10G core aggregation switches)
- Edge equipment (routers, firewall, traffic controller, intrusion systems)
- Building equipment (aggregation gig switches)
- Security equipment (network authentication servers)
- Building wireless equipment (A,B,G,N radio access points)
- Wireless controll systems and LAN controllers (wireless aggregation & management)
- Wireless security equipment (network authentication servers)