Instruction & Research Technology
Faculty Workshops & Institutes
- Bb Institute (beginners) - The Bb institute provides a hands-on immersion workshop designed to help faculty prepare a Blackboard course site to be used to teach an Internet course or supplement a traditional course.
- Bb Refresher (intermediate) - In response to faculty demand, we are now proudly offering a one-day Blackboard Refresher, which will go more deeply into a few selected functions of the Blackboard system.
- Center for Instruction & Research Technology - Library 120k, a lab where professionals will help faculty design coursework from lesson plans through planning an entire course in a relaxing, collaborative atmosphere. instructional design. PCs, Mac, scanner and printer.
- Faculty Technology Curriculum - The Faculty Technology Curriculum is a series of workshops designed to introduce you to various multimedia applications and pedagogical methods using technology. All workshops will be held in the CTLT, room 120k of the Cheng Library, unless otherwise advised at the time you sign up. If you have any material, which can be worked on during the workshop, feel free to bring them. For example, if you are attending the dotCMS for Web Editors workshop and have a web page started, it may be a good idea to bring it along.
- Faculty Technology Highlights - Several times a year we put the spotlight on faculty who are making interesting use of technology in the classroom or in research. Visit to see what your colleagues are up to!
- Online Pedagogy Institute - an institite offered over the summer using the Blackboard virtual learning environment. The institute will help you understand online learning, promote interactive work and critical thinking, design lesson plans and manage the online classroom effectively.
- Suggestions for Teaching in an Emergency - Instruction and Research Technology offers support to faculty members in dealing with the possibility of an emergency.