The Faculty Technology Curriculum is a series of workshops and roundtable discussions designed to introduce you to various multimedia applications and pedagogical methods using technology.
All workshops will be held in the CTLT (Cheng Library, room 120k) unless otherwise advised at the time you sign up. If you have any material, which can be worked on during the workshop, feel free to bring them. For example, if you are attending the dotCMS for Web Editors workshop and have a web page started, it may be a good idea to bring it along.
|Some of Our Topics Include:
||Along with Hands-on Technology Workshops to Learn:
- Enhancing the Learning Experience with Online Synchronous Interaction
- eBooks in the Classroom
- Taking the Leap Toward Teaching Online
- Learning on the Go: Mobile Computing
- Teaching in an Active Learning Classroom
- Effective Use of Social Media
- In the Cloud: MS SkyDrive, Google Docs, Prezi, and Slideshare
- Pedagogical Approaches to Teaching Hybrid and Blended Courses
- Engaging Learners with Video Streaming and Lecture Capture
- For more roundtable topics, click here...
- Blackboard - Introductions, Refreshers, and Advanced Topics
- dotCMS for Department Web Editors
- Microsoft Office Applications - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- TurningPoint Student Response Clickers
- Videos On Demand
Streaming Video for Courses
Learn how to incorporate online, streaming video into your classroom or online course, using NJVID (http://www.NJVID.net/). Search the Library’s collection of nearly 4000 full-length films and clips. These videos can be viewed in the classroom or on your student’s computers without ever having to make a trip to Media Services for check-out or return. Also learn how to upload and stream videos you may have created on your own, copyright permitting. Co-Sponsored by IRT.
Audience: Faculty and staff, using technology (Blackboard, etc.) in their instruction. Particularly of interest to online course instructors.
Location: 1600 Valley Road, Room 1020
Presenter: Tom Nemeth, IRT
3:00PM - 4:00PM
In addition to these shorter workshops, IRT also offers the following in-depth workshops events:
Suggestions for other workshops? Email us and let us know what you're looking for.