Payroll and Employee Benefits
Dental Care Programs
The State Health Benefits Program (SHBP) offers a choice of two dental care programs for full time employees. You may choose between the Dental Expense Plan or one of the six participating Dental Plan Organizations (DPO's). Participation is optional, and for those employees electing dental coverage, there is a bi-weekly payroll deduction that varies depending on the coverage selected.
Once enrolled, you and your eligible dependents must remain in the dental plan you elect for a minimum of 12 months before you can switch plans or drop coverage. In the event that you wish to switch dental plans, you will not be permitted to do so until the next open enrollment period following the 12-month minimum enrollment period. In addition, no employee or dependent can be covered under more than one SHBP dental plan.
Additional information is available from the links below:
- Participating Dental Plan Listing
- Dental Plan Summary - Fact Sheet #37
- NJ State Employees Group Dental Program Member Handbook
- Eligibility Definitions and Documentation Required for Enrolling Eligible Dependents
- NJ State Dental Plan Enrollment/Change Application
- Dental Rates
- Dental Expense Plan Claim Form
There are currently no dental plans available to part time employees.