The Step Into Wall Street Program is a joint effort between GFSI, the Passaic County Technical Institute, and student members of the University Students for Financial Literacy. All classes are held on GFSI’s trading floor, and led by instructors whom include William Paterson University faculty and staff, student representative from the University Students for Financial Literacy and the Student Investment Club, and local business practitioners.
Every session is designed to incorporate the trading floor’s unique resources through innovative hands-on exercises. Past courses have focuses on topics such as portfolio management, stock valuations and financial planning.
Sample Learning Outcome Statements
- Understand components of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.
- Identify and calculate selected financial ratios and understand the relevance of the ratio.
- Use ratios to analyze a firm's liquidity, profitability, financial strength, etc.
- Understand the meaning of risk and return.
- Understand the process for measuring risk for a single asset and a portfolio.
- Understand risk and return in terms of correlation and diversification.
- Understand the concept of technical analysis and how it differs from fundamental analysis.