GFSI strives to produce quality economic research, training, and consulting services for business practitioners and students. With the support from the Financial Center, the university's state-of-the-art simulated trading floor, students are given a unique opportunity to learn using industry standard software and data feeds.
- Student Investment Club - Learn to manage real money and gain experience with portfolio techniques.
- Certified Financial Planner - The retirement of baby boomers, growing entitlements, longer life spans, and lower yields have created a need for Certified Financial planners
- Financial Planning Association Student Chapter - The FPAWPU Student Chapter is a student club for the aspiring financial planner. The club invites professionals in the industry to talk to students in the CFP Program.
- Hands-On Finance Program - The annual Hands-on Finance Training Series is organized by GFSI at William Paterson University and several well known universities in China.
- Executive Training - Executive training and life-long learning programs will be developed to help professionals gain current knowledge and practical skills.
- Distinguished Speaker Series - Distinguished Speakers Series and Practitioner Forums. The Institute promotes student awareness on important current issues through the Distinguished Speaker Series.