The Hands-On Finance Training Program is a three week training program for Chinese undergraduate and graduate students. The course is predominantly taught by Wall Street executives, including CEOs, Chief Market Strategists, Senior Economists and others. Classes utilize both instructor training and visits to places such as Bloomberg, NYSE, NYMEX, the U.S. Department of Treasury, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the U.S. Department of Engraving and Printing, and others.
Past programs have included courses in asset management, sales and trading, equity research, and financial planning.
- GFSI is located on the east coast, which makes it easy for Chinese students to visit the financial capital of the world --New York City and nearby cities (Boston, Washington, etc.). The summer program also includes trips to the West Coast.
- GFSI has world class facilities including a trading floor and sales laboratories. The facilities offer students a unique opportunity to learn financial theory and application in a practical environment
- GFSI has developed numerous financial training projects such as the "Student Managed Portfolio". Chinese students can work with the US student fund managers and improve their mutual understanding.
- GFSI has extensive relationships with world-class finance experts, professors, and other Wall Street practitioners. We invite them to come and teach courses and give insight.
- GFSI is located in Wayne, New Jersey, only 20 miles away from New York City.
Ms. Aliyah Xu
Assistant Director of China Initiatives
Global Financial Services Institute
William Paterson University
1600 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470