All offices departments, programs, and personnel at William Paterson University cooperate in striving to provide an equally accessible education environment.
William Paterson University...
- Provides equal access to all programs, activities, awards & related benefits of its educational programs for all students
- Mainstreams all students with disabilities into its regular programs and activities
- Adapts programs, evaluation, and service delivery to meet the individualized needs of students with disabilities while maintaining high academic standards
- Encourages students to participate in diverse activities of the university community
The William Paterson University Office of Disability Services coordinates services for students with disabilities.
Some services include...
- Registration assistance
- Parking assistance
- Adapted classroom activities
- Classroom relocations
- Note-taking services
- Adaptive technology
- Extended test time
The university does not provide...
- Specialized classes
- Individual assistants
Prior to the beginning of each semester, students should contact the Office of Disability Services to notify ODS of note taker, alternative textbook and sign language interpreter/CART needs for the upcoming semester. Please note, that the earlier that these requests are made, the more likely that the service will be made available for the first day of the semester. This cooperation enhances the probability of students' success in courses.
To ensure the safety of all students, the University requires that all students with mobility impairments file their schedules with the Campus Police Department each semester. This information will be used only in the event of a fire or other emergency. Students may contact Campus Police at (973)720-2300.