PROCEDURES FOR REQUESTING AND RECEIVING ACADEMIC ACCOMODATIONS
- The student completes the Initial Intake Form. Please come to our office to fill out the form at Speert Hall Rm 134 (formerly Wayne Hall).
- Bring all disability documentation to our office when you come to fill out the intake form.
- William Paterson University requires that all students seeking accommodations provide appropriate documentation to Disability Services in order to:
- Determine eligibility as a qualified individual with a disability and
- Determine appropriate academic accommodations for that student.
- For general guidelines for documentation accepted by William Paterson University useful in determining and providing accommodation services, see below:
During the initial interview, a Disability Services staff member will review your educational strengths and weaknesses and any previous accommodations in order to provide individualized accommodations.
- The Disability Services Coordinator reviews the student's documentation.
- If documentation qualifies the student for accommodations, the Disability Services Coordinator prepares an Accommodation Form for the classes which the student requires accommodations.
- Disability Services emails the Accommodation Form to the student.
- The student is required to sign the Accommodation Form.
- Disability Services creates copies of the form for the student's file.
- It is the responsibility of the student to email the Accommodation Form to his/her professors and confirm receipt to discuss implementation of the accommodations.