Frequently Asked Questions


Do I need to get a new accommodation letter each semester?

Yes. Accommodation letters are emailed from the Office of Disability Services at the beginning of each semester. If your schedule changes after you have received your accommodation letter, please contact us, so the appropriate changes can be made.

How early do I need to let the Office of Disability Services know about an exam that I need proctored?

We need to know about your exam at least five business days in advance. You and your professor will need to complete the "Request for Test Proctor" form and return it to the Office of Disability Services. At this time you will also need to schedule a time with one of the Graduate Assistants in the Office of Disability Services to take your exam. The earlier you schedule the exam, the more likely it is that you will be able to take your exam at a time that is convenient for you.

What should I do if I don't feel like my accommodations are helping me?

Contact the Office of Disability Services. The earlier in the semester you contact us, the more we will be able to help you adjust your accommodations.

Is it important that I check my William Paterson email account?

Yes. The Office of Disability Services, along with many other offices on campus, uses your University email address to send you important information. You should make it a point to check your WPU email frequently.

What is the most important thing I can do to help myself achieve academic success?

It is important that you stay in constant communication with our office. The more we know about your problems, issues, and concerns, the better we will be able to assist you.