CENTER FOR TEACHING EXCELLENCE
A technologically literate student will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Use technology for enhancing communication and collaboration with others
- Demonstrate research and information fluency skills by using technology to access, collect, manage and evaluate data
- Demonstrate effective and creative uses of technology to aid in critical thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrate good digital citizenship skills that reflect an understanding of the impact of technology in his/her life and in the world
- Use hardware and software effectively to produce professional quality, technology-generated products.
An interactive tutorial from the University of Texas focused on preparation for web searching and research.
Information Competency Assessment form developed by the University Library at CalPoly Pomoma, for assessment of entry-level students.
Tutorial for information location, as effective strategies for web research, from UC Berkeley.