Jyoti Champanerkar, Ph.D.
Office: 3030C Sience Hall East
Office Hours: M 2:00-5:00pm and by appointment
Position: Assistant Professor
Area Specialization: Dynamical Systems, Mathematical Biology
- Stable Fixed Points of Card Trick Functions, 2013, Math arXiv, www.arXiv.org, arXiv:1302.3396[math.HO] (joint with M. Jani).
- Mathematics and the Heart: Understanding Cardiac Output, 2013, Problems Resources and Issues in Mathematics Undergraduate Studies, PRIMUS 23(10), pp. 906-20.
- Modeling Sampling Distributions of Similarity Measures, 2011, In JSM Proceedings, Statistical Computing Section. Miami, FL: American Statistical Association, pp. 4763-4777 (joint with M. Mulekar)
- Using Spreadsheets to Visualize Virus Concentration, 2011, Journal of Computational Science Education, 2(1), pp. 1-8 (joint with C. Dizzia)
- How Useful are Approximations to Mean and Variance of the Index of Dissimilarity?, 2007, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 52(4), pp. 2098-2109 (joint with M. Mulekar and J. Knuston)
- Pitchfork Bifurcations of Invariant Manifolds, 2007, Topology and its Applications, 154(8), pp. 1650-1663 (joint with D. Blackmore)
- Periodic and quasiperiodic motion of point vortices, 2005, Vortex dominated flows, World Sci. Publ., Hackensack, NJ, pp. 21-42 (joint with D. Blackmore)
- A generalized Poincare-Birkhoff theorem with applications to coaxial vortex ring motion, February 2005, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series B, 5(1), pp. 15-33 (joint with D. Blackmore and C. Wang)
- Complexity Measures of Ecological Assemblages, May 16-24, 2004, Proc. Int. Conf. on Complex Systems, Boston, MA (joint with D. Blackmore and M. Levandowsky)
- Extensions and applications of the Poincare-Birkhoff theorem, Dec 8-11, 2003, Proc. Conf. on Dynamical Systems - Theory and Applications, Lodz, Poland, pp. 13-24 (joint with D. Blackmore)
- VCU/NHLBI Spring 2010 Conference Report, (joint with A. Eladdadi), The Society for Mathematical Biology Newsletter, Volume 23, Number 2, May 2010.
- My Teaching Challenge: Math Phobia, Th'Ink Well, Quarterly Newsletter from Center for
- Teaching Excellence, WPU, Fall 2009, Issue 2, pp.5.
- Tips to Succeed in a Math Class, A hand-out for freshman and sophomores taking mathematics classes in William Paterson University, October 2009.
- Math Fair at William Paterson University, November 19, 2010, Geometry Applied To Designing Soda Cans.
- MAST workshop: How to Study for Mathematics and Science?, WPU, October 6, 2010.
- Global Mathematics Symposium Panel Discussion, William Paterson University, July 14, 2010, Identifying Key Elements for Improving Classroom Teaching and Learning.
- Pi Mu Induction and Alumni Reunion, WPU, May 7, 2010, Capstone Poster: Radars within Air-Traffic Control
- Pi Mu Induction and Alumni Reunion, WPU, May 7, 2010, Capstone Poster: Selection in Genetics
- MAST workshop: How to Study for Mathematics and Science?, WPU, February 9, 2010.
- Math Fair at William Paterson University, November 13, 2009, Decoding a Barcode.
- MAST event: Seniors Day for future Math teachers, WPU, October 28, 2009, presented Why become a math teacher and How? (jointly with E. Antoniou).
- MAST workshop: How to Study for Mathematics and Science?, WPU, October 13, 2009,
- presented Tips to succeed in a math class.
- Freshman Seminar (M. Villar), WPU, October 7, 2009, Value of Higher Education. Frontiers in Applied and Computational Mathematics 2009, New Jersey Institute of Technology, June 1-2, 2009, presented a poster titled Phase resetting and Entrainment in Cardiac Cells.
- (MAST) Professional Development In-Service Workshop, Spring 2010, Geometry for high school teachers, Eastside High School, NJ, March 2-4, 2010.
- Reforms Summer Workshop 2009, Geometry for elementary and middle school teachers, WPU, New Jersey, Aug 17-21,2009.
- Reforms Summer Workshop 2008, Probability and Statistics; Euclidean Geometry for elementary and middle school teachers, WPU, New Jersey, August 18-22, 2008.