Eliana Antoniou, Ph.D.
Office: 3049 Science Hall East
Office Hours: Wednesdays 2:00-3:00pm & Fridays 11:00am-12:00pm
Position: Associate Professor
Area Specialization: Applied Mathematics/ Modeling of Biological Systems
Director of the WISE program (Women in Science and Engineering) URL for WISE: http://nova.wpunj.edu/wise/
- Outstanding Alumni Award in Recognition of Outstanding Achievements, New Jersey Institute of Technology.
- Excellence in Teaching Award for Instruction by a Teaching Assistant, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Involvement, Contributions and Commitment ot Women’s Celebration Program through the WISE program
- Hematopoetic Stem Cell Proliferation Modeling Under the Influence of Hematopoetic Inducing Factor. E.S. Antoniou, M. Rosar, Ε.K. Vassiliou, C.L. Mouser. 2009 SHOCK. Vol. 32, No 5
- The Impact of Employment And Physical Activity On Academic Performance. G.C. Andreopoulos, E.S. Antoniou, A. Panayides, Ε. Vassiliou. The College Teaching Methods & Styles Journal., Volume 4, Issue 9
- Cost of Biological Research: An Empirical Investigation. E.S. Antoniou, A. Panayides, Ε. Vassiliou International Journal of Business And Public Administration (IJBPA), Volume 5, Number 1, 2008
- Economic Development And South- South Migration: A Two Stage Approach. G. Andreopoulos, G.C. Andreopoulos, E.S. Antoniou, A. Panayides. Journal of International Business and Economics, Volume V, Number 1, 2006
- The Effects of South-South Migration on Economic Development And Its Security Implications. G. Andreopoulos, G.C. Andreopoulos, E.S. Antoniou, A. Panayides. International Business And Economics Research Journal . Vol. 4, No 7, pp. 17-22
- A Theoretical Simulation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells During Oxygen Fluctuations:Predictions of Bone Marrow Responses During Hemorrhagic Shock. E.S. Antoniou, S. Sund, E.N Homsi, L.F Challenger, P. Rameshwar. 2004 SHOCK. Vol. 22, No 5, pp. 415-422
- A Diffusional-Thermal Theory Of Near-Stoichiometric Premixed Flames. E.S. Antoniou, J.K. Bechtold and M. Matalon. 2004 SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics. Vol. 64, No 4, pp. 1434-1456
Most Recent Conferences
- Poster Presentation at FACM ’10. Frontiers in Applied and Computational Mathematics. "Hematopoietic Stem Cell Prolifereation Modeling under the Influence of Hematopoietic Inducing Agent and Chemotherapy". E.S. Antoniou, C.L. Mouser, J. Tadros, Ε.K. Vassiliou.
- Guest Speaker at Saint Peter’s College for the Fortieth Annual Induction Ceremony of the National Mathematics Honorary Society (PU MU EPSILON), Jersey City, NJ. "A Theoretical Simulation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells During Oxygen Fluctuations: Predictions of Bone Marrow Responses During Acute Blood Loss. Future Direction".
- One of the panelists for NJ-NeXT workshop at The Mathematical Association of America New Jersey Section Meeting (MAA NJ), William Paterson University, NJ. Panel’s title: "Undergraduate Research".
- Presentation of Research Work entitled: "The Impact of Employment And Physical Activity On Academic Performance" The College Teaching & Learning (TLC) Conference and Applied Business Research (ABR) Conference, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- One of the panelists for NJ-NeXT fellows at the Joint Meeting of MAA-NJ and Metro NY Sections, St. Peter’s College, Jersey City, NJ. Panel’s title: "Balancing Responsibilities:finding your niche".
- Presentation of Research Work entitled: "Analysis and Cost of Research Productivity in the Field of Biological sciences", The International Academy of Business And Public Administration Disciplines (IABPAD) Conference, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Oral presentation at WPU's Faculty-Student Scholarship Day. "A Mathematical Model of B
- Presentation of Reserearch Work entitled: "Economic Development And South- South Migration: A Two Stage Approach", International Business And Economics Research Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA