Upon admission to the University, freshman and transfer students (with less than 24 transfer credits) are assigned to an advisor in the Career Development and Advisement Center. All undeclared students and students between majors are also advised by the Career Development and Advisement Center.
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors who have been accepted as Mathematics majors are assigned faculty within the department as their academic advisors.
Finding your academic advisor:
If you do not know who your assigned advisor is, you can obtain this information through the University homepage.
- Log into your WPConnect account
- Choose the "Academics" tab
- Within your "My Academics Channel" - Select "My Advisor"
Achieving your goals:
Your Mathematics advisors are available to help you explore your academic and career choices. You may want to meet with your advisor regularly and discuss:
- course selection (every semester)
- academic progress
- major requirements
- minors to enhance your major
- graduate programs
- internships / summer workshops
- career plans