The application deadline for matriculation into the program is February 1st. Review of the applications begins on that date and continued until the program is full. The following requirements are necessary in order to be considered for matriculation into the program:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.00 (of 4.00)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official academic transcripts
- Personal Statement
Application to the master’s program in Communication Disorders and Sciences at William Paterson University should be made through the Communication Disorders and Sciences Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) https://portal.csdcas.org/.
FALL 2015 APPLICATION MATERIALS OPEN SEPTEMBER 18, 2014.
To be considered for admission for Fall 2015, all parts of your application must be submitted to CSDCAS by February 1st, 2015. Your letters of recommendation must also be received by CSDCAS on or before this date.
To complete your application on the CSDCAS website, click on “Apply now for the 2015 -16 academic cycle” and create a new account. Please follow the instructions carefully. It is strongly recommended that you visit the CSDCAS “Frequently Asked Questions” (FAQs) before starting your application. If you experience problems or have questions, please contact CSDCAS Customer Service at 617-612-2030 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The CSDCAS application fee is $100.00 for the first graduate program applied to and $45.00 for each additional graduate program.
The following information must be submitted directly to CSDCAS in order to complete your application.
- Letters of recommendation - You should provide email contact information for at least three people who are willing to write letters that support your application to graduate school. These letters should be from academic faculty or professional . No personal letters from family or friends will be considered. Letters of recommendation are accepted electronically ONLY. It is your responsibility to make sure that these letters have been submitted.
- You will be required to submit one official set of transcripts directly to CSDCAS (address listed below). If your degree is in progress, provide the most up-to-date transcript, as well as any post baccalaureate courses you will have completed by the fall term.
- Once you are accepted into the program, you will need to provide a second official transcript to the Graduate Admissions Office (address listed below).
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
Graduate Admissions Office
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road, Morrison Hall 102
Wayne NJ 07470
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores - GRE scores are required for every applicant. Scores are sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to CSDCAS. The WPUNJ school code is: 3643
If your transcripts are not in English, you are required to provide a certified English translation of all college or university transcripts. Transcripts must reflect the equivalent of a four-year bachelor's degree from an institution of recognized standing. The Graduate Admissions Office provides additional information for international applicants.
If you did not graduate from an accredited US institution or from an institution in an English speaking country, you must obtain a passing TOEFL score. Please submit your official test scores to the Communication Disorders and Sciences program. The University code is 4846. Applicants are expected to have a minimum score of 79 on the computer based test.
The online application must be completed and letters of recommendation, transcripts, and test scores RECEIVED by February 1st. Incomplete or late applications (those arriving after February 1st) will not be reviewed for admission, with no exceptions.
For general inquiries about the Master’s Program in Communication Disorders and Sciences please contact the secretary at 973-720-2208.
For specific questions about the Master’s Program in Communication Disorders and Sciences please contact Dr. Nicole Magaldi at email@example.com.