After successful completion of the core 48 credits and satisfaction of all requirements, the master’s degree will be awarded. If a student does not advance to doctoral candidacy, the master’s degree may serve as an exit point.
Click here to see our brochure.
• A bachelor's and transcript from an accredited college or university.
• Psychology courses required prior to enrollment:
• Minimum Undergraduate GPA: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or minimum graduate GPA: 3.50 on a 4.0 scale.
• Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: Competitive GRE scores on the verbal, quantitative, and analytic sections of the Graduate Record Exam taken within the last five years.
• Personal Statement, address ALL of the following:
• Clinical, research and/or human services experience.
• A curriculum vitae (C.V.)
• Three letters of recommendation:
• In-person interview (required)
The application for admission must be submitted no later than January 1, 2018 for the Fall 2018 semester.Admission interviews will be scheduled for February 10, 2018.
Please join us for our Graduate Admissions Open House for Fall 2018 enrollment at our main campus in Wayne, NJ. The event will be held in the University Commons on November 19th, 2017 at 1:00 PM.
Graduate Assistantships: Graduate assistantship opportunities will be available to select students with outstanding credentials. The assistantships provide tuition waivers and a stipend. Click here for details.
Teaching:After earning a master’s degree, qualified graduate students may apply to teach as adjunct faculty to gain undergraduate teaching experience.
Grants:Please contact the program regarding research, clinical, or training grants that may be available for student support.
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, New Jersey 07470