Being a Research Assistant
Research Assistants may:
-Gain experience reading journal articles, conducting research, and analyzing data
-Present findings to the lab and/or at a research conference
-Earn psychology elective credits by working 3 or 6 hours weekly (by registering for 1 or 2 credits of Psy 499)
-Detail oriented and reliable
-Available 3 or 6 hours per week to work in the lab and attend lab meetings
-Completion of Psy 2020 Applied Statistics
-Completion or current enrollment in Psy 2030 Research Methods
Contact Dr. Obrecht at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about being an RA. Please include your responses to the following questions in your email.
1. What is your name, major/minor, and GPA?
2. What grades did you earn in Psy 2020 and 2030?
3. Why are you interested in gaining research experience?
4. What skills or prior experience would you bring to the lab?
5. How long would you be able to work in the lab (how many semesters)?
6. What areas of psychology are you most interested in and why?
7. What are your post-graduation plans? If you are hoping to attend graduate school, what kinds of programs are you interested in?