The Garden State Partnership for Teacher Quality
Urban Teacher Residency Program
- Urban Teacher Residency
- Contact Us
William Paterson Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended. Candidates pursuing Elementary Education must have a Liberal Arts/Science degree with a minimum of 60 Liberal Arts credits. Candidates wishing to include a middle school endorsement must have 15 content credits in the specific content area and a course in Adolescent Psychology ( may be taken while completing the program if not demonstrated in previous experience). Candidates wishing to pursue K-12 Content area certification must have majored in the subject area or have a minimum of 30 content credits(12 must be level 300-400 or above) as per the NJDOE licensure code.
- Cumulative GPA from past degrees of at least 2.75 on a 4.00 scale.
- Candidates are required to pass all necessary Praxis II exams for initial teacher licensure.
- Minimum Verbal Score of 450 on the GRE or a minimum score of 388 on MAT. (Candidates may not be considered if they do not currently possess MAT/GRE scores.)
- A 250-500 word essay on his/her philosophy of education and reasons for applying to this grant program. Candidates should speak to areas of interest for working in urban communities and action research.
- A current resume stating all previous academic and work experience.
- Two professional letters of reference are required. At least one letter should be from a professor/other person who can attest to the applicant’s academic abilities.