|Academic Degrees and Certifications
- New York University , New York, New York Ph.D. - Administration and Supervision Dissertation: A Case Study of Organizational Climate
- Eastern Michigan University Ypsilanti, Michigan M. A. - International Studies in Education
- The University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan B.A . - Psychology
- 2004 - present William Paterson University, Wayne NJ - Assistant Professor of Special Education
- 1986 - 1988 New York University Survey Team, New York, NY - Assistant Director
- Boston State College, Boston, Massachusetts Adjunct Instructor
- 1999 - 2004 Somerset Hills Regional School District , Bernardsville NJ - Director of Special Services
- 1993 - 1999 Roselle Park Public Schools, Roselle Park, NJ 1993-1999 - Director of Special Services
- Bureau of Institutional Schools, Boston, MA - Coordinator: Institutional Residents Program
- Community Mental Health Center, Ann Arbor, MI - School Consultant
- Child Analytic Study Program, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI - Teacher
- Peace Corps Volunteer Somalia, East Africa - Teacher/Trainer
|Current Teaching and Administrative Responsibilities
- SPED 6280 Special Education Law (online course)
- SPED 3540 Classroom Management in Diverse and Inclusive Settings
- SPED 5640 Managing Challenging Behaviors in Diverse Settings
- Program Director of the Special Education Endorsement Program, Teacher of Students with Disabilities Alternate Route Program Director, Master of Education- Teacher of Students with Disabilities Program Director
- Faculty Senate
- Department Retention Committee
- Graduate Admission Committee in the Department of Special Education and Counseling
|Current Professional and Academic Association Memeberships
- Council for Exceptional Children
- National Down Syndrome Society
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Association for Positive Behavior Support
|Current Professional Assignments and Activities
- Princeton University Down Syndrome Conference, November 2010,Princetone, New Jersey.
"Social Inclusion for Individuals with Down Syndrome"
- Association of Positive Behavior Support International Conference, Denver, Colorado, 2011 " Using Hints and Cues in teh Classroom"
- Research Methods in Positive Behavior Support, Windesheim Unverisity, Netherlands, 2011
- Master Class in Positive Behavior Support, Windesheim University, Netherlands, 2011
- "Four Nonverbal Cues that get Students' Attention" Online Publication: The Special Education Connection, LPR, February 24, 2009.
- "Special at school but lonely at home: An alternative friendship group for adolescents with Down Syndrome", Down Syndrome Research & Practice, Volume 12, Issue 2, October 2008, United Kingdom Page 107-111. Online Publication May 2007 www.down-syndrome.org/practice.
- "Dabei in der Schule, aber einsam zu House" Leben mit Down Syndrome Nr55, Mai 2007.
- "Special at School: lonley at Home" August 2006, Down Syndrome Quaterly, Vol.8, Issue 1
- "Expectations in Education: A Shoret History of Inclusion", December 2004, People with Disabilities, Vol. 14, N.2. pp.43-46.
- "What have I learned: The Earth is not flat" , January 2005, Educational Viewpoints, pp.27-29.
- Desert Dawn with Waris Dirie (2001) Little Brown, London, and Arena Publishing
- The Last Camel (1997) The Red Sea Press, Inc . Lawrenceville , N.J.
- “ Tanzania on Tuesday” Tanzania on Tuesday: Writing by American Woman Abroad(1997) New Rivers Press.
- “Shifta” Going Upcountry (1994) Scribners, New York, New York.
- “Immigration and the Impact on the Arts in New Jersey” Winter 2000 New Jersey Mosaic
- “Residency: It’s Not Where You Live” Fall 2000 New Jersey Mosaic
- “Profile of a Teacher” Fall 1999 New Jersey Mosaic
- “Snow Day” 2/12/98, The New York Times
- “Back to Back to School” 9/6/98, The New York Times
- “Refugees in Orbit” New Jersey Mosaic, Summer 1999
- “Aman” World View Winter 1994
- “Why Aren't Teachers Protected by the Bill Of Rights: Child Abuse in New Jersey” Educational Viewpoints, Spring 1992 , page 13-14.
- "The Next Step” Educational Viewpoints, spring 1990, page 39-40.
- Inclusion of individuals with developmental disabilities in public schools
- Social skill development in children with developmental disabilities