- Kaplan, R.G. & Alon.S., (February 2013). Using technology to teach equivalence. Teaching Children Mathematics.
- Kaplan, Rochelle Goldberg. (2010). An investigation of the strategies and decision-making processes used By effective elementary mathematics teachers. NERA Conference Proceedings 2010. http://digitalcommons.uconn.edu/nera_2010/18
- Ginsburg, H.P., Kaplan R.G., Cannon, J., Cordero, M., Eisenband, J., Galanter, M., & Morganlander, M. (2005). Helping early childhood educators to teach mathematics. In Zaslow, M. & Martinez-Beck (Eds.), Critical Issues in Early Childhood Development. Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing
- Feola, D., Kaplan, R.G., & Appelbaum, P. (2001). Learning from our practice. New Jersey Association of Teacher Educators Journal, 10, 29-36.
- Kaplan, R.G., King, B., Dickens, N., & Stanley, V. (2000). Teacher-clinicians encourage children to think as mathematicians. Teaching Children Mathematics, 6(6), 406-411.
- Appelbaum, P. & Kaplan R. (1998). An other mathematics: Object relations and the clinical interview. Journal of Curriculum Theorizing, 14(2), 35-42.
- Kaplan, R.G., (1993). Multiple meanings of mathematical language as a source of students' misconceptions. The Reading Instruction Journal 36(2), 12-17.
- Kaplan, R.G. (1992). Applying writing across the curriculum in teacher preparation. Issues in Education, 4, 4-13.
- Ginsburg, H.P. & Kaplan, R.G., & Baroody, A. (1992). Children's mathematical thinking: Videotape workshops for educators. Evanston, IL: Everyday Learning Corporation.
- Kaplan, R.G. (1991). Teaching philosophy as a factor in curriculum change. Focus on Education Journal, 1991 Edition, 13-19.
- Kaplan, R.G. & Harris, C.L. (1991), Looking beyond children's affective communications: Implications for informal mathematics assessment based on two case studies. Focus on Learning Problems in Mathematics, 13(20), 45-51.
- Kaplan, R.G., Yamamoto, T., & Ginsburg, H.P. (1989). Teaching mathematics concepts. In L.B. Resnick & L.E. Klopfer (Eds.), Toward the thinking curriculum: Current cognitive research, 1989 Yearbook of Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, 59-82.
- Kaplan, R.G., Burgess, P., & Ginsburg, H.P. (1988). Children's mathematical representations are not (always) mathematical. Genetic Epistemologist, 16(3), 7-14.
- Kaplan, R.G., (1987). The development of mathematical thinking as a function of the interaction between affective and cognitive factors. Genetic Epistemologist, 15(3-4), 7-12.
- Saxe, G. & Kaplan, R. (1981). Gesture in early counting: A developmental analysis. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 53, 851-854.