- Enroll as an elementary education major and as an appropriate liberal arts or sciences major as indicated by the state.
- Complete ANTH 2020 with at least a C grade.
- Pass the Writing Assessment (See the rubric used to score the writing assessment ) and complete the Speech and Hearing Assessment (X2139).
- Complete PSY 1100 and PSY 2100 successfully, with at least a C grade in PSY 2100.
- Obtain a NJ Substitute Teaching License.
- Achieve a cumulative 2.75 GPA or higher if matriculated prior to September 1, 2014. Achieve a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher if matriculated after September 1, 2014.
- Complete Math 1100 or Math 1090, and Math 1110 (or equivalent) before the Practicum (3rd) semester.
- Complete two science courses before the Practicum semester, for students entering WPU in or after September 2011.
- Complete two history courses, one of them American History, before the Practicum semester, for students entering WPU in or after September 2011.
- The PRAXIS II exam in Elementary Education Multiple Subjects (5001) Content Knowledge must be successfully passed before entering EDUC 4140 (student teaching).
Please Note: all General Education courses must be completed before beginning the practicum semester for students who entered WPU before September 2011. For students under the University Core Curriculum (UCC) requirements, the courses in the major that meet the UCC requirements are not taken in advance. No more than one additional course may be taken during student teaching.