Janis Koeppel Strasser, Ed.D.
Office Hours: FALL: M 1-2:30 pm; Th 3:30-5pm SPRING M 1-2:30, Th. 3:30-5 & BY APPT.
Department: Elementary and Early Childhood Education
Position: Professor, Tenured
Area Specialization: Early Childhood Education
|Academic Degrees and Certifications
- Ed. D. Columbia University, Teachers College - Curriculum and Instruction
- M. Ed. Columbia University, Teachers College - Early Childhood
- M.S. Bank Street College of Education - Educational Leadership
- B.S. State University of NY, College of New Paltz - Sociology/Elementary Education
- Public and Preschool Teacher
- Education Coordinator, Head Start
- Curriculum Writer
- Consulting Editor
- Educational Consultant
|Current Teaching and Administrative Responsibilities
- CIEC-365-01 M 2-3:40pm
- CIEC-300-01 & CIEC300-02 R 10:30am-12:30pm
- ELCL629 M 5:00-7:30pm (spring semesters)
- ELCL630 M 5:00-7:30pm (fall semesters)
- CIEC634 W 5:00-7:30pm (fall semesters)
- CIEC-635-60 W 5:00-7:30 pm (spring semesters)
- Coordinator of M.Ed. in Curriculum & Learning, Early Childhood Concentration
- Supervise Student Teachers & Practicum Students
|Other Collegiate Assignments
- Facilities Advisory Committee
- Teach Pre-Practicum Seminar on Multiculturalism/Diversity
- Student Relations Committee
- Tenure/Promotion Committee
- Teach Online Module 7 (GSPTQ) "Culturally Responsive Teaching"
|Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Consulting Editor, Young Children
- Write Teacher/Researcher Column "Studying Our Own Practice" in Teaching Young Children Journal
- Past President, New Jersey Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators (NJAECTE)
- Preschool Curriculum Consultant for New Jersey State Museum
|Current Research Interests
- Curriculum in Early Childhood
- Arts Education
|Awards and Honors
- National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators Pearson Teacher Educator of the Year, 2010.
- New Jersey Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators Outstanding Teacher Educator Award 2005.
- New Jersey Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators Outstanding Researcher Award 2005.
- Faculty Excellence Award for Service, William Paterson University, May 2004.
- Bergen/Passaic Association for the Education of Young Children Special Member Recognition Award for 2004.
- Bank Street College of Education Alumni Award, 2001