- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- Professor, William Paterson University (Fall, 2015- present)
Associate Professor, William Paterson University (Fall, 2010- Spring, 2015)
Assistant Professor, William Paterson University (Fall, 2005 - Spring, 2010)
- Adjunct Faculty, The School of Professional Development, Stony Brook University, NY.
- Adjunct Faculty, Instructional Technology Program, Grand Canyon University of Phoenix. Phoenix, AZ.
- Faculty, Technical Career Institutes, College of Technology, NY.
- Graduate Research Assistant, Kumon Evaluation Project, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Digital Media Arts Curriculum Designer,Distance Learning Project, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Research Associate, Korea Telecom Satellite Group, Research & Development, Korea Telecom, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Lab analyst in the Enzyme and AIDS Divisions, Research & Development, Dong-A Pharmaceutical Co. LTD, Seoul, Republic of Korea .
- Cognition and knowledge representations.
- Fostering metacognition through online group learning .
- The effectiveness of using iPad devices in K-12 classrooms.
- Teaching teachers to use technology effectively.
- International academic exchange
- Buckman, J., & An, H. (Work in progress). The effects of coding with Scratch Jr. in early childhood classrooms. International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction.
An, H., Morgenlander, M., & Seplocha, H. (2014). Children's gadgets: Smartphones and tablets: Tips for helping children to use technology effectively and safely. Exchange, September/October 2014, 69-74.
- An, H., Wilder, H., & Lim, K. (2011). Preparing elementary preservice teachers from a non-traditional student population to teach with technology. Computers in the Schools, 28(2), 170-193.
- An, H., & Shin, S. (2011). The impact of urban district field experiences on four elementary preservice teachers' learning regarding technology integration. Journal of Technology Integration in the Classroom. 2(3), 101-107.
- An, H., & Seplocha, H. (2010). Video-sharing websites: Tools for developing pattern languages in children. Young Children, 65(5), 20-25.
- Wilder, H., Ferris, P., & An, H. (2010). Exploring international multicultural field experiences in educational technology. Multicultural Education & Technology Journal, 4(1), 30-42.
- An, H., & Wilder, H. (2010). A bottom-up approach for implementing electronic portfolios in a teacher education program. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 26(3), 84-91.
- An, H., Shin, S., & Lim, K. (2009). The effects of different instructor facilitation approaches on students' interactions during asynchronous online discussions. Computers & Education, 53(3), 749-760.
- An, H., Kim, S., & Kim, B. (2008). Teacher perspectives on online collaborative learning: Factors perceived as facilitating and impeding successful online group work. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education (CITE) Journal, 8(1), 65-83.
- An, H., & Kim, S. (2007). The perceived benefits and difficulties of online group work in a teacher education program. International Journal of Instructional Technology and Distance Learning, 4(5), 3-19.
Refereed Book Chapters:
- An, H. (2007). Designing an effective interactive web-based coding environment for novice learners. Innovate, 4(1).
- Chandler, T., & An, H. (2007). Using digital mapping programs to augment student learning in social studies. Innovate, 4(1).
- Kaplan, D. E., & An, H. (2005). Facts, procedures, and visual models in novices’ learning of coding skills, Journal of Computing in Higher Education, 17(1), 43-70.
- An, H., Hong, C., & Fuentes, D. (2016). The benefits and limitations of a short-term study abroad program to prepare teachers in a multicultural society. In H. An, (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Efficacy and Implementation of Study Abroad Programs for P-12 Teachers, Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- An, H., Alon, S., & Fuentes, D. (2014). iPad implementation models in NJ K-12 school environments. In H. An, S. Alon, & D. Fuentes (Eds.), Tablets in K-12 Education: Integrated Experiences and Implications. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Alon, S., An, H., & Fuentes, D. (2014). The iPad: A Mathematics Classroom Tool for Implementing the Common Core State Standards’ Technology Vision . In H. An, S. Alon, & D. Fuentes (Eds.), Tablets in K-12 Education: Integrated Experiences and Implications. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Fuentes, D., An, H., & Alon, S. (2014). Mobile Devices and Classroom Management: Considerations and applications for effective use in an elementary school classroom. In H. An, S. Alon, & D. Fuentes (Eds.), Tablets in K-12 Education: Integrated Experiences and Implications. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Fuentes, D., An, H., & Alon, S. (2014). Using mobile devices selectively: Developing constructivist pedagogy to support mobile learning. In H. An, S. Alon, & D. Fuentes (Eds.), Tablets in K-12 Education: Integrated Experiences and Implications. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Estevez-Menendez, M., An, H., & Strasser, J. (2014). The Effects of Interactive Multimedia iPad E-Books on Preschoolers’ Literacy. In H. An, S. Alon, & D. Fuentes (Eds.), Tablets in K-12 Education: Integrated Experiences and Implications. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Ames, L., An, H., & Alon, S. (2013). The Incorporation of Geometer’s Sketchpad in a high school geometry curriculum. In D. Polly (Ed.), Common Core Mathematics Standards and Implementing Digital Technologies.
- An, H., & Wilder, H. (2010). Implementing an online educational technology course in a teacher preparation program: challenges and solutions. In C. Penny, J. Leight, & S. Winterton (Eds.), Technology Leadership in Teacher Education: Integrated Solutions and Experiences (pp. 30-44). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Refereed Conference Presentations or Proceedings: